7 replies to this topic

#1 EvilSquish

EvilSquish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

Hey hey, got my new auger out and played with some fishing yesterday and today... had a blast! My son got out earlier tonight with me but it was pretty slow, but he had fun too.... it's been years since I hit the ice, just glad to be back (and got a few fellas for the pan while I was at it ;) )
Here fishy fishy fishy!

#2 jsawler

jsawler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Locationforrest home

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

congrats' , have fun but be safe!

#3 Shienar

Shienar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

welcome back brother
but be careful hardwater fishing can be very addictive :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Hardcore Angler

Hardcore Angler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSouth Shore

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

welcome back brother
but be careful hardwater fishing can be very addictive :)

Yup for sure. Symptoms of an ice addict include daydreaming, even in summer of sitting on a pail, hovering over and staring at a hole in the frozen lake. and spending ones hard earned money on everything and anything one can find pertaining to the sport lol.

#5 XBONESX

XBONESX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEastern Passage

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:11 AM

Glad you guy got Bent! Nice meeting ya's forsure! =)
Posted Image

#6 Seabass

Seabass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

I'm not going to lie... hard water fishing is addictive.... its winter what else is there to do? I started out doing it in nfld as a young kid... the ole' string\line, worm tied to a spruce bow...and wait for the bow to start moving. NOW days its a whole another story... Can't have too many jigs, rods or shanty's :) Its been a long time coming for ice fishing to make its mark in NS. I remember getting into a tiff with somebody on this site years ago, he was totally down-playing ice fishing, boring, cold and said it wasn't active enough for his liking. Like all fishing you make it want you want it to be... its the beauty of our sport... and the hard water is a fantastic past time. Some people are just scared of the cold I guess... From what I've read from Shienar posts looks like he's been doing some research :) Hi IceShanty

#7 girlfisher

girlfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1687 posts
  • LocationSand Beach

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

Yup for sure. Symptoms of an ice addict include daydreaming, even in summer of sitting on a pail, hovering over and staring at a hole in the frozen lake. and spending ones hard earned money on everything and anything one can find pertaining to the sport lol.

is there a cure? if so keep it away from me :P
please practice a sustainable harvest

#8 EvilSquish

EvilSquish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

I just wish people were safer than they are... I made a post in another ice fishing section on here about an experience today. I have been out 4 times as of this post, and I've seen people out every time I've been out.. problem is, I haven't seen a single person mark their hole when they left. Earlier today, as the lake I was at had some snow drifts on it, I was heading out and my foot went through a hole that must have just been abandoned before I got there as it was still very open, just covered with some blowing snow! I want to take my son out more, and that experience had me shaking for a bit. There was NO way to see that hole was there, I was pretty PO'd that as far as I've seen, I've been one of the only people marking my locations when I leave!
Here fishy fishy fishy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users