#1 cullumaw

cullumaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSackville NS

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

I'm wondering if anyone knows a place I can take a trailer I made to get weighed. I want to ensure I am below the maximum weight of my grand caravan which is 2000lbs. I live in sackville so the closer the better. Thanks in advance,

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

#2 tundrawalker1

tundrawalker1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMount Uniacke

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

Caterpillar in Dartmouth has a scale they use to weigh trucks.  Ocean Construction does too.  Of course, Dexter's Construction does.  I would say that if you made arrangements with vehicle compliance out at the Kelly Lake or Enfield scale, they would be able to help you out.

#3 Big Red

Big Red

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Dartmouth Metal has a drive on scale for weighing Truckloads of scrap...I'd stop in and talk to the old fellow in the Office, he seems like a good guy.   The Good thing about Dartmouth is if you find its to heavy for your Dodge they will be more then Happy to buy it for scrap=)

#4 CanadianGoldenEagle

CanadianGoldenEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationHalifax County, NS

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:12 PM

If there's a municipal landfill near you, with scales, then go to see them.  I took a trailer up to Georgefield in East Hants, with living there, and they were kind enough to tell me the trailer weight when empty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users