Adding Ingram River To Catch And Release Only - Conservation - Nova Scotia Fishing

Photo

Adding Ingram River To Catch And Release Only

Ingram river catch and releas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikelarocque

mikelarocque

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSt. Margarets Bay Road, Ingramport, Noca Scotia

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

How could one go about talking to someone about getting a river designated catch and release?
Mike Larocque
Sales and Finance Manager

Schooner Cove Marine

7208 St. Margarets Bay Road
Boutiliers Point, NS
B3Z 1W1

[email protected]
www.schoonercovemarine.com

Striper Boats l Triumph Boats l Rampage Yachts l Cruisers Yachts l Cruisers Sport Series l Evinrude BRP l Volvo Penta l Raymarine l Shimano

#2 Team Z

Team Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Bring up the issue at your next local RFAC meeting or join a local group/club that is a member of the NSFAH and try and try and get a resolution put forward. or Both !

#3 zymtoot

zymtoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

Its not a quick or easy process,but like Team z suggested bring it up at a RFAC meeting to get the ball rolling.Its like pulling teeth to get an area C&R.Make some noise get like minded people behind you and good luck !

#4 chaseforen777

chaseforen777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Mike, I'm glad your asking, our little local river sure does get bombarded in the early season. I haven't been hanging around to notice what kind of retention levels or even the success folks are having hooking up on the Ingram. I go waaayyyy upstream near Snake Lake and rarely get a bite, most often I'm getting the odd yellow perch out of snake lake, and thats the only bites all day.

I actually haven't been to ingra yet this year, have you noticed much riverside activity yet?

Chase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users