193 replies to this topic

#121 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

The boat lauch is own by HRM and just call 311 and let them know the launch needs to be fixed. They have park money for this. Also if they don't fixe email Matt Whiteman the local MLA and he will definatelly push them to fix it.

I reported this last week to 311.. may see it completed sometime :).. but I need a firm date so we will sue Morris lake for the next one and hope that Cox Lake is uasable before years end :)

#122 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

The Aug 17 tournament has been approved for Morris Lake,, so we are good to go.. should be a fun day :)

#123 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

The boat lauch is own by HRM and just call 311 and let them know the launch needs to be fixed. They have park money for this. Also if they don't fixe email Matt Whiteman the local MLA and he will definatelly push them to fix it.

I just got a reply from 311 and  HRM only is responsible for part of Cox Lake Rd,,I think they said as far as #63,, then it is possibly a private road.. so not sure how to get it in contact with someone to fix the road ..maybe someone local there knows a solution

#124 protecteur

protecteur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationUpper Tantallon

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

HRM does own that boat launch and parcel of land. Check out http://ckns.ca/wp-co...ToWater_HRM.pdf I will send email to matt whiteman to investigate this.

#125 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

HRM does own that boat launch and parcel of land. Check out http://ckns.ca/wp-co...ToWater_HRM.pdf I will send email to matt whiteman to investigate this.

I kind of figured they did not own it,, as I am very familiar with the area,, but I thought they may grade the road there as the fire dept sometimes use that as an emergency water supply.. by nice it was usable for our club :)

#126 cullumaw

cullumaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSackville NS

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

So, yesterday I fished cox lake, I'm not sure if they fixed the launch or not but I had no issues launching my boat with my minivan. Just go slow and use a spotter for the rocks.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

#127 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

Well we have already move the next one to Morris Lake,, may try Cox Lake another time.

ED

#128 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

We are set to go for our 4 th Tournament of the year which will be held on Morris Lake Aug 17 from 0800 to 1400, registration will be from 6:45 to 7:50,, all boats leave at 0800..fishing has picked up lately so we should see some good fish.
Please arrive as early as possible for registration.
We have a few good draw prizes and any donations would be greatly appreciated.
Any questions please contact myself or Mike.

#129 OleNewfieDog

OleNewfieDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

We now have a website - Thanks to the talent of LewisMe (Matt) - we will update as things happen -

Also a reminder that we will be holding a meeting/coffee at Tim's on Akerley -Burnside on Friday the 4 Apr @7 pm.

http://hrmminibassers.wix.com/hrmmbb

What a really nice web site, and after reading this whole topic I got to say this is a top notch effort from those behind it. (Ed, Mike, and Matt too by the looks of it).  I don't have a boat yet, but when I do get one I will have no choice but to participate. :)  Looks like a lot of people are having a lot of fun, and that's what matters.  Until then, if someone wants a tourny partner, just PM me, or ask Ed or Mike to reach out to me.  I am on-call this Aug 17 weekend, so no go, but certainly any tourny after that feel free to ask me, I will put my money where my hook is. :)

Thanks Ed, Mike, and Matt for your efforts with this. Good job.

Personal hook & line records:
Chain Pickerel - 24" 4lbs
Small Mouth Bass - 19.25" and 2lbs 1oz
Trout - 10"
Yellow Perch - 8"
Brown Bullhead - 10"
Shark - 120" Blue (dad's line actually :P )
Atlantic Cod - 36" (25 to 30 lbs approx)
Mackerel - tinkers
Scoulpin - who cares :angry:

#130 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Just a reminder that our next Tournament is at Morris Lake on Sunday the 17 Aug.. hope to see lots of boats there.. If you have any questions please contact me.

Been pretty good fishing there lately,, and the long range forcast says sun and cloud for Sunday :)

#131 NSYakfisher

NSYakfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Won't make it this week but strongly considering bring a yak for a September event

#132 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

Won't make it this week but strongly considering bring a yak for a September event

Our 5th tourney of the year is on 1st Lake which is a great lake for Kayak..we have had a few Kayaks out to our past Tourneys :)

#133 ouird

ouird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationProspect Bay

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

I cant make this one because I'm moving, but I will be at the September event. I can also bring another sit on top kayak (with a paddle/seat/pfd) if someone wants to take it for a rip.

Dress to Swim, Rig to Flip
http://canadiankayakanglers.com/
Blog:
http://yak4fish.com/
Facebook page
https://www.facebook...sonKayakFishing
Twitter
@JohnGibson76

#134 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

I cant make this one because I'm moving, but I will be at the September event. I can also bring another sit on top kayak (with a paddle/seat/pfd) if someone wants to take it for a rip.

Nice offer Ouird :)..I am sure someone will take you up on it,, 1st Lake is a smaller lake so pretty safe for a 1st time user..I have a buddy -non boat owner- looking to fish so I will mention it to him. :)

#135 bassfishing

bassfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Nice! Sounds like that would be fun tournament to be part of.

#136 Swinsc

Swinsc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

Not that I like to blow any kind of trumpet or create a fanfare... "Im Back".

See you in Sep.

Looking forward to a great day out in the float tube

Kev.

So many Fish, so little time..

#137 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Not that I like to blow any kind of trumpet or create a fanfare... "Im Back".

See you in Sep.

Looking forward to a great day out in the float tube

Kev.

Glad you coming back.. still have not managed to get your flies from Paul :) may also have a tournament in October on Bisset Lake if there is enough interest :)

#138 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

Looks like good weather for our Tournament on Morris Lake sunday 0800-1400.. come join us for a fun friendly time,, we have a few draw prizes..fishing sould be interesting after all this rain :)

#139 Swinsc

Swinsc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

Glad you coming back.. still have not managed to get your flies from Paul :) may also have a tournament in October on Bisset Lake if there is enough interest :)

I noticed there is a tourny on Sunday, not sure if i'm dog sitting but i'll try and make it.

I'll get the flies off Paul before they end up on Kajiji for 50 bucks :-)

So many Fish, so little time..

#140 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Looks like no rain till late in the day so we should be dry for the tournament.. I will be at Morris Lake for registration @ 0645.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users