#101 tundrawalker1

tundrawalker1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMount Uniacke

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

31 fishers, actually

I should have said 31 paid fishers.  There were a few with free participation...which is fantastic!  The more kids, the better.  We need more involvement from the next generation of anglers.   :lol:

#102 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

Mike total fishing was 34, I counted the 3 young fishers :).. that is what I got off the big board :).. total paid was 31 :)

#103 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

Lake William Tournament wil take place 20 Jul -O800-1400
Have a look at our facebook page

https://www.facebook...Bassers?fref=ts

#104 tundrawalker1

tundrawalker1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMount Uniacke

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

Just 11 days to the Lake William Tournament.  Start time is 8am but registration starts at 7am.  Looks like it will be a good turn out.  Hope to see you all there!

#105 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

Looks like good weather for this Sunday's tournament.. we will be holding a 50/50 draw (3 tickets for $5 )this will allow us to buy draw prizes for the next tourney, also we have a few small drawprizes to give away ( all donations greatly accepted ).. I will be at the boat Launch by 0700-no boats are allowed to leave the launch area untill 0745 with fishing to start at 0800 - ending at 1400. Please bring small bills if possible as it is tough when everyone brings a $20.. :) If you plan on attending it would be greatly appreciated if you let myself or Mike know so can have the right amount of paper work ready. Lots of fish were being caught there this past weekend so we hope they keep biting for this weekend

#106 jharlow

jharlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

Where is the registration and launch ,trying to get off work so me and my buddy can go .

#107 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

the launch area is at the DNR site on Waverly Rd.. drive in thru the gate and towards the water there.. no parking allowed on the property..I will be there before 7 am :)

#108 jharlow

jharlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

So all I need is my iPhone and a tape measure for recording my catch ?

#109 tundrawalker1

tundrawalker1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMount Uniacke

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Preferably a bump board but a tape measure works fine.  We will probably inspect the tape measure though.  :)

#110 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

So all I need is my iPhone and a tape measure for recording my catch ?

yup as Mike said.the tape will work - the whole fish must be in the picture preferably with the tip of the head at 0 and the fish is straight with the tail measurement visible.. real easy to do with a bump board :)

#111 jharlow

jharlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

Cool picked up a bump bord today got to string a few rods and I should be all ready for Sunday .see everyone there .

#112 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Cool picked up a bump bord today got to string a few rods and I should be all ready for Sunday .see everyone there .

where did you find the bump board as I know someone is trying to find 1.. I made an extra tonight :)..looks  like a hot day

#113 jharlow

jharlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

Went to 4 places before I found one there where 2 Plano boards at Wally World in bayers lake,there is one left .

#114 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

We had great day on the water with 20 boats entering,, weather was great except for the wind coming up in the last hour,, Lots of fish caught but not many big fish as typical for this lake,, hope to see you all our next tournament on Cox Lake 17 Aug (0800-1400) :)

#115 Shimanoman

Shimanoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationWaverley, Nova Scotia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

You will be happy to know that since the event, on Lake William,  As of Thursday,the 24th of July. DNR has done away with the little parking spot in front of their office by erecting a line of fenceposts and sodding over the previously gravelled area where folks used to park their trailers after launching their boats on the ramp.  I feel that it was a very small minded, and mean-spirited thing to do as that parking lot has been there for at least 40 years.(BTW, it was within, I measured, 33 ft of the centre line of Waverley Rd and not the property of DNR as far as I know)  Wonder how long it will be before access to the lake is blocked off as well......

Regards ...   

Life is too short, to take too much, too seriously, for too long ....Vernon P.Fraser

#116 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 908 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

You will be happy to know that since the event, on Lake William, As of Thursday,the 24th of July. DNR has done away with the little parking spot in front of their office by erecting a line of fenceposts and sodding over the previously gravelled area where folks used to park their trailers after launching their boats on the ramp. I feel that it was a very small minded, and mean-spirited thing to do as that parking lot has been there for at least 40 years.(BTW, it was within, I measured, 33 ft of the centre line of Waverley Rd and not the property of DNR as far as I know) Wonder how long it will be before access to the lake is blocked off as well......

Regards ...

Wow, that's very disappointing to know. I also have the same concern about how long will future access be available to the public there. :(

#117 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCow Bay

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Good 'ol DNR continues to take care of the anglers & hunters of this province........NOT! :angry:

#118 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

I will bet that that launch will be closed next year,,  it is being used a lot more and not mainly by fishing boats.. I suspect they will say all the movement there is not safe..  :(

#119 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

Due to the rough state of the boat launch area at Cox Lake we will be holding our next tournament at Morris Lake...same date..Aug 17 - 0800-1400..Please spread the word and let others know about the change..really wanted to do Cox Lake but the launch area is presently in rough shape and not usable by low clearance vehicles.
Hope to see another great turn out at Morris Lake.. I am sure it will produce more fish than it did in the spring.. if there are any questions please contact my self or Mike.

#120 protecteur

protecteur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationUpper Tantallon

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

The boat lauch is own by HRM and just call 311 and let them know the launch needs to be fixed. They have park money for this. Also if they don't fixe email Matt Whiteman the local MLA and he will definatelly push them to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users