• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lurch

Lurch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

I have a hand made fly rod that was made in the 90's by a gentleman named George Macquarie. It is called a Talon and is 9'6" and is 7-8 weight line. It is a loomis blank and I think it was an IM6 but possibly IM7. Any background info on the rod or builder would be appreciated as well as a possible value.

It has never seen a reel as I bought it for my Father as a retirement present and he lost his battle with cancer before he had a chance to use it.

#2 Perry

Perry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

I knew George in the day. He was from the Truro area and was on the road an inspector of something and when he was in the valley he would stay at the Old Orchard. We would meet and discuss and trade blanks and fittings as I had a custom rod shop at the time. He fished the Margaree and he was a wonderful caster. He was an instructor at the Atlantic Fly School in the early days. I have a memory of Dennis, George and myself casting together  and wondering how he generated so much energy in his rod. He was a wonderful angler and a true technician building fly rods..........you are lucky to have one. Value ...Like a Mastercard Priceless! Truly sorry about your father it is a shame he never used the rod I am sure he would have enjoyed it!

Just because you fish a lot doen't mean you are great or even good. It just means you fish a lot!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users