Nova Scotia Fishing Forum banner

People Saying Stuff About Me On Salmon Rivers Behind My Back

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Bass_Slayer 
#1 ·
hey everybody many of you salmon anglers know me since im usually on every river around ns trying for salmon during the fall

ive always got nothing but good feedback and met some of the nicest people on the river and when i was just salmon fishing in general but recently and also last year ive had a certain person on here saying crap about me

wich jamie caddick and gary robar knows who he is but they wont tell me who it is and i dont knoiw why what you think im gonna do beat him up? phhh thats stupid i just wann know who this guy is

and now im hearing that people are saying that i dont hold the salmon in the water long enought tto revive it and that is crap i hold them in the water till they kick out of my hand

and dillon keizer says he knows who it is whos saying that about me but he wont tell me either who it is like why cant anybody tell me for god sake all i want to know is who it is

anyway my point is if you or anybody else on here is the one saying stuff about me then speak up and say it on here or say it to my face when you see me next all i want to know is who is it that is pathetic enought to pick on a 14 year old kid when the guy saying it is probably 40 years old

See less See more
#2 ·
Justin, if you have a problem with me perhaps you should have come to the shop and talk to me about it instead of making accusations on the internet.

You were always treated with respect whenever you stepped foot in my shop, were given plenty of pointers by myself and the other guys at the open fly tying nights, heck you even got driven home by at least one of the guys whenever your mother couldn't come pick you up.

Now, have guys been critical of you and your fish handling habits ? Yup, when you post pictures of you or your buddy standing in a patch of grass up on the riverbank with a salmon in your hands then you can expect people to not be pleased about it, when you post pictures of you and your buddy catching salmon with a spinner and worms then yes you can expect flack from it. If people are calling you out on your actions then maybe you need to change your actions a little.

#5 ·
i have nothing against you ever and i still dont i just wanted to know who it was that is saying this beacause it is not true

yes i have one picture of a salmon when i standed out of the water for a pic that was one of the first salmon ive ever caught

and evry fish since was me holding it while in the water

and i can legitely say that yes one day on the waughs river i caught a salmon when i was fishing for browns i threw out a worm and brang it in a salmon hit jauger had the video camera running i holded the salmon up put it back in the water and let it go

and find the picture of me and my buddie with a salmon on the bank i would greatly appreciate to see that pic

hey i can own up to that beacause that happened i cant help that really i like fishing on the waughs and just beacause that happened it does not give somebody the right to go on and say crap about me all i wanted to know nd the only reason i posted this was to try an find out whos doing it thats all and sorry jamie jeeze al i said is i dint know why you wouldent tell me who it was thats all no ill meaning to you really at all sorry

#6 ·
just beacuase i caught a salmon on a worm once when i was fishing for browns on waughs river doesent mean anything i was fishing thire for browns ware ive caught nice browns before and i legitely accidentally got that salmon i cant help what bit my hook

that happend i took a pic let it go and it splashed me as it swam away nice and healthy i never tried specifically for salmon but i can say it was a nice fish so i got a pic

i dont see anything wrong with what happend at all

#7 ·
you guys are great you robar and everybody i love the shop you got some nice materials and it was fun every night we tied thire and stuff

but can you give me the reason you wont tell me who it is ?

#9 ·
Justin it is time for you to stop your teenage online drama session, i have no ability to look into a crystal ball to see what happened in the past and decipher who was supposedly picking on you.

My best advice is for you to stop with your accusations towards me ( and by stop, i mean not another single post accusing me of this AND that you post an apology ), you ignore the people who are supposedly picking on you and you start listening more to the people who give you pointers/advice.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
salmon are forever!, Keep up the good work and keep on enjoying the outdoor pursuits as you feel like you want to approach them. Dont let the drama get to you, as there is far too much out there. This drama will persist and you should attempt to let it roll off your back. Dont sweat the small stuff (is a good moto going forward). Unfortunately the people who talk about you and the rest of us,... they have far too much time on their hands, and have obviously forgot that they too once "grew up" (or at least attempted too)...on their way to being self professed kings. ;) Keep up the good work, dont let it affect your passion as drama is unnecessary for either side. They should keep their opinions to themselves (both online and offline) if it is not constructive critism and brought up to your face in a polite and teaching manner. Try to focus on the positives and not the negatives. We all (well most of us) learn this over time as we go. Some people simply enjoy the sounds of their own voices.

Travis (someone who is constantly learning... :) )

Also, if people perticipate in discussions about you and do not include you. Perhaps they are not really your friends either.... not sure, but just saying, might be something to think about.

#13 ·
I feel for you saf. I have only been fishing a few years, and solely use places like this to learn, because "fishing" was never passed down to me from family or friends. After outings I was eager to post reports and pictures to motivate others and add to the data, but on every report I would get ripped to shreds by comments on all the mistakes and short cummins. (all comments were justified - just harsh) For me this could turned a great day of fishing into a bad one. For that reason I will only comment in forums like this, I now post my fishing reports on FB thus allowing only your friends to comment.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
After outings I was eager to post reports and pictures to motivate others and add to the data, but on every report I would get ripped to shreds by comments on all the mistakes and short cummins. (all comments were justified - just harsh) For me this could turned a great day of fishing into a bad one.
Everyone should understand this....and this is exactly what happens to users, members, peers, etc when they use this resource and others like it, when negative comments are made. If you dont have something constructive to say, keep your "creel" shut and stop raining on other peoples day, espcially if they are new to the outdoor pursuits. ;) Not everyone 'knows it all' and the rest of us enjoy learning, its a process.

Dont forget, you too, started learning once.

PS> I was raised on the notion: "If you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all".

Travis

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Let it go and move on , if you feel you've done nothing wrong then the comments shouldn't bother you and they are meaningless ...don't worry about it.
Ask yourself why it bothers you so much and go from there
I have to agree that calling out caddick and Robar on here is just as bad as what you perceive is happening to you. Food for thought

#16 ·
In the end, dispite of any younger persons misgivings in someone elses eye. No one in perticular or any group of people, have the right to 'pick on' this fella or anyone willing to learn from their experience and grow personally. Everyone makes errors from time to time. No one excluded surely.

#17 ·
Lol you seem like a good kid. I do remember seeing you opening day of trout season, fishing off the bridge at a secret brown hotspot, that really doesnt need to be named. You didnt say hi :) that was the only thing suprising to me. oh and that fly and bobber set up lol, thats a long day on apirl 1st. We had all the fish caught and released before you and your dad even got there ;)

#20 ·
yeah thanks travis ^_^ ill keep fishing and having fun for sure I love fishing and will never stop

and voltom thanks to you also and I get what you mean you post something somebody always has criticism to say lol I just gotta learn to ignore it

and bass slayer I remember seeing you and lol really you had all the fish gone eh ;) so that's why I dint catch any lol and yeah for some reason I was usijng a bobber lol embarissing haha

and thanks ill continue to keep fishing and having fun forget the haters and don't even bother lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.