#41 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

Cabela's is coming (to Moncton) in 2015. Nothing like opening across the street (figuratively) from the competition. Check out http://www.cabelas.c...sp?WTz_l=Footer  he Press Release - http://www.cabelas.c...ageName=Moncton

Now we'll have TOO MUCH to choose from. Moncton will be the DisneyLand for outdoor types. Start planning the vacation!

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#42 NS_Sens

NS_Sens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

Cabela's announced they were coming to Moncton before Bass Pro made their announcement.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. -- George W. Sears

#43 Team Z

Team Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Reliable sources tell me that Bass Pro will not be coming to the Maritimes. Cabelas however, assuming they have success in Moncton will open similar small format stores in Halifax & possibly St. John's. Bass Pro was just playing a game with Cabelas, as well as the market. Essentially there is no market for a Bass Pro in the Maritimes especially where no local jurisdiction or developer is willing to subsidise the endeavour for them as is done in the states and elsewhere. Not to mention that I don't think there is a city in North American that has both retailers and I dont imagine Moncton would be the first.

#44 kma1

kma1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

My reliable sources tell me it's coming where Crystal Palace is located.....:P

www.news919.com

#45 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

My reliable sources tell me it's coming where Crystal Palace is located..... :P

www.news919.com

I also heard it on CBC Radio :).. that will change that area of downtown Moncton

#46 rouge

rouge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Reliable sources tell me that Bass Pro will not be coming to the Maritimes. Cabelas however, assuming they have success in Moncton will open similar small format stores in Halifax & possibly St. John's. Bass Pro was just playing a game with Cabelas, as well as the market. Essentially there is no market for a Bass Pro in the Maritimes especially where no local jurisdiction or developer is willing to subsidise the endeavour for them as is done in the states and elsewhere. Not to mention that I don't think there is a city in North American that has both retailers and I dont imagine Moncton would be the first.

Not very reliable bud. 

http://thechronicleh...t-bass-pro-shop

#47 Team Z

Team Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Guess not lol. I was shocked to hear the news. Happy, but shocked. That being said I dont quite understand how the demographics make sense for Moncton, NB to be the only city (that I am aware of) in North America with both Cabelas and BPS. Pretty Crazy

#48 protecteur

protecteur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationUpper Tantallon

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

The sad thing is that with both of them in the same city will kiil each other off!

#49 rouge

rouge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Cant wait for this. 

#50 Bass_Slayer

Bass_Slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

Anyone know the opening dates for either? I cant find info anywheres. It would be nice if they were both open before the season next year

#51 rouge

rouge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Any updates? 

Heres how Cabelas is looking 

F32BD715-276F-47AA-9351-7CD44BE6FC59.jpg

363FE3BD-F215-4EF1-9B40-52977531D02D.jpg

#52 reg

reg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

They seem to be very slow to get the roof done. Should be ready by fall

at the rate they are going.

#53 cooterspaw

cooterspaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

looks like by spring they will be ready to open

#54 collgan

collgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

Guess not lol. I was shocked to hear the news. Happy, but shocked. That being said I dont quite understand how the demographics make sense for Moncton, NB to be the only city (that I am aware of) in North America with both Cabelas and BPS. Pretty Crazy

Just for interests sake Phoenix Arizona has both. They are the large format stores with resturants and such.  I have been to both.

#55 Team Z

Team Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

I think Edmonton is gonna have both now too, maybe Calgary too ?. Still dont think Moncton should be in the same league as Phoenix, Edmonton or Calgary

#56 Shimanoman

Shimanoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationWaverley, Nova Scotia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

But Phoenix has a population of 1.4 million and growing.  I believe that is more than NB,PEI, Nfld and Labrador combined.  Even if you include NS you have about 2.2 million folks scattered over about 850,000 square kilometers or so.  After the novelty wears off (in about 6 months), how many folks will actually visit both stores and support,(and continue to), them with purchases??  I would suspect that Better Buy Sports and Green Diamond should keep their arses real tight to the floor as I don't believe they will be able to compete in the short term.  Cdn Tire and Wal Mart will always be there although they may suffer some market shrinkage initially.  I will be very curious to see which major player blinks first in this market which I would classify as historically less than dynamic.  While I am seriously at risk of being labeled a "naysayer", it's just an opinion.  I sincerely hope that I am wrong and they, along with all the other players in our market, can survive, and thrive.  Time will tell....

Regards...

Life is too short, to take too much, too seriously, for too long ....Vernon P.Fraser

#57 collgan

collgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

I agree that Moncton is not even close to being in the same league as Phoenix. Although I am very happy to have both stores within a couple of hours drive I am very curious to see the longterm viability of both.

I was just pointing out for interests sake that Phoenix is the only place in my travels that I have been too that have both stores.

#58 Shimanoman

Shimanoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationWaverley, Nova Scotia

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

I was told earlier today that Ottawa is on the list for both a BPS and a Cabelas outlet, also there are plans for the GTA to get another BPS.   Also there has been another BPS which opened in Ontario recently the location of which escapes me right now.  These expansions, plus all the new Sail openings, will, I believe, create brutally competitive conditions (along with the weakened Canadian dollar) which may very well result in either lower prices for consumers or possibly a retrenchment of US chains back in the US (a la Target Stores).  I also heard that BPS have now acquired both Ranger, and Triton Boats.  To the best of my knowledge, the pie has not gotten any larger and more people will have to take smaller pieces of that same pie if everyone is to survive.  Interesting times!!

Regards

Life is too short, to take too much, too seriously, for too long ....Vernon P.Fraser

#59 ScotianShe

ScotianShe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

I was planning on going up to Moncton with a friend for a fish and a little shop and drop on their opening date Feb 15th. Word on the street says that they're pushing back the dates. Anyone else hear anything about this?

#60 reg

reg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

There will be no opening on the 15th of Feb. They are still working on the roof.

I go by there about five times a week and no much seems to be happening.

Hard to work on roofs this time of the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users