Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Bass pro is coming to Moncton!

#2 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

http://www.basspro.c....cfm&newsID=477  :)

#3 OleNewfieDog

OleNewfieDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Yeee haa....lets get four fellows and a truck and go for a drive!  I'm in!  :)

Personal hook & line records:
Chain Pickerel - 24" 4lbs
Small Mouth Bass - 19.25" and 2lbs 1oz
Trout - 10"
Yellow Perch - 8"
Brown Bullhead - 10"
Shark - 120" Blue (dad's line actually :P )
Atlantic Cod - 36" (25 to 30 lbs approx)
Mackerel - tinkers
Scoulpin - who cares :angry:

#4 goodwrench

goodwrench

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationBlockhouse, Lunenburg County

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

I think I just wet my pants...lol.

#5 Swinsc

Swinsc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I was in Bass pro Toronto, like a kid in a candy store..... There was a guy with his wife behind him saying " you already got one of those lures!" .. It was the definition of heaven and hell simultaneously :-)
So many Fish, so little time..

#6 kma1

kma1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

I have been to the one in Foxborough Mass many times, nothing compares to this store for fishing equipment.  Can't wait :)

#7 fivepoundtrout

fivepoundtrout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

This is the best news ive heard all week... I see many a drive to moncton in my future.

#8 Shimanoman

Shimanoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationWaverley, Nova Scotia

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Heads up!! Best Buy.    Unless I am going to Moncton anyway,( a 6 hour round trip) if I need something, I'll shop at Fishin Fever.  The guys there know their stuff and will share their knowledge.

Regards...

Life is too short, to take too much, too seriously, for too long ....Vernon P.Fraser

#9 scottw

scottw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationBridgewater, NS

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

It won't make much difference in my tackle shopping, I can get 95% of what I need at Veinottes Gone Fishing and the local Home Hardware.

#10 Johnmac63

Johnmac63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Wife thought I lost my mind, was screaming like a girl at a Justin Bieber concert when I read this.  :wub:

Definitely can not wait to get lost in the store for a weekend. :D

#11 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

WOW.I have looking into buying a Basstracker Boat, but the shipping costs put it out of reach..may see me in one soon :) :)

I wonder what the opening date is :)

#12 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

"Fairy tales will come true,

It can happen to you

When you're young at heart..."

And ..."Yes Virginia...there is a Santa Claus"

BassPro in Moncton! :wub: Yee (freaking) haw!!! Best news I've heard in a while.

Ole Newfie Dog: I'm in on the trip if we can camp out in their parking lot for a week!!! Better than Disney for a fishing / outdoor enthusiast! Could become a yearly pre-season tradition. Like a journey to Daytona or the Super Bowl!

Just to have a selection and variety unheard of locally is an exciting proposition. Hopefully, it will bring down the shipping costs, locally, as well.

Okay. Now Cabela's...you paying attention? Can't let BassPro show you up! :lol: 

Something to look forward too. Great news.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#13 OleNewfieDog

OleNewfieDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Ole Newfie Dog: I'm in on the trip if we can camp out in their parking lot for a week!!! Better than Disney for a fishing / outdoor enthusiast! Could become a yearly pre-season tradition. Like a journey to Daytona or the Super Bowl!

Just to have a selection and variety unheard of locally is an exciting proposition. Hopefully, it will bring down the shipping costs, locally, as well.

4fitz says her getting a boat which means he must be using a truck so he can take us....that's 3 all we now is another fellow. I got a tent!   Yes I am really looking forward to visiting this store. The selection of product, and maybe hopefully some very professional qualifed store service and advice.

Trout - 10"
Yellow Perch - 8"
Brown Bullhead - 10"
Mackerel - tinkers

#14 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

4fitz says her getting a boat which means he must be using a truck so he can take us....that's 3 all we now is another fellow. I got a tent!   Yes I am really looking forward to visiting this store. The selection of product, and maybe hopefully some very professional qualifed store service and advice.

Haaa.. don't let the Mrs' know about the boat..LOL...(still saving money that she knows nothing about) :)

Just wondering if there is an actual opening date? I would be up for a carpool to Mincton.. even can haul a utillty trailer to bring home the large amount of purchases we will make  :) :)

#15 girlfisher

girlfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1687 posts
  • LocationSand Beach

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Great too see a bigger store with more variety but let's not forget the local small shops that have been looking after us all these yrs...I say buy what you can from the small shops and for everything else hit the pro shop!
please practice a sustainable harvest

#16 OleNewfieDog

OleNewfieDog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Great too see a bigger store with more variety but let's not forget the local small shops that have been looking after us all these yrs...I say buy what you can from the small shops and for everything else hit the pro shop!

I have no issue paying a little extra for something local, but that premium price must come with some sort of value-add; say excellent advice and service. I'm willing to drive to Moncton to explore the extra selection.

A local store can actually leverage this. If they see a market for more stuff by people driving to Moncton to get it then they got the confirmation they need to invest in that extra inventory.

I'd be interested in some sort of buy in bulk type membership. Buy 10 bags of Senkos in one shot, get a great discount for example.

Trout - 10"
Yellow Perch - 8"
Brown Bullhead - 10"
Mackerel - tinkers

#17 fivepoundtrout

fivepoundtrout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

I completely get where your coming from, but have you been in a basspro or say the llbean in freeport? These places go above and beyond just a tackle shop. The service and diversity of products is on another level. Oh and lets not forget things like giant trout ponds that I for one can (and have) sit in front of for hours. Two hours to moncton would be so worth it for me atleast, Ive actually driven over 12 hours to mainly visit llbean before :P

@ OleNewfieDog  -  I think a bulk membership would be a fantastic idea. Do a yearly membership fee for a premium discount rate. I think most businesses should adopt something like this, though thats a whoooole other topic..

#18 Lure loser

Lure loser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Oh. My. Gosh.

I see a trip to Monkeytown coming up!

#19 girlfisher

girlfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1687 posts
  • LocationSand Beach

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Yup I've been in both...which is why I said buy what the locals have , from the locals if they don't have what you want get it from bps, not shittin on them just expressing my shopping priority mind set is all. I would try and get my items from the little guy first
please practice a sustainable harvest

#20 Lure loser

Lure loser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Of course I would shop the locals, too. But there's stuff I can't get locally that I would love to find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users