pijcarroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

hey all,

I am going to Switzerland this August and wasn't planning on fishing while over there, but sometimes I get bored at work and decide to do a bit of research on the fishing over there. While I was browsing around I came across this puzzling article. It seems that catch and releasing fish is an illegal act in Switzerland. Just figured I'd share this with the rest of you.

http://troutundergro...in-switzerland/

Cheers,

#2 TheRealCraigAC

TheRealCraigAC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

hmm interesting

If f = the optimal number of rods to own
and x = your current number of rods
then f = x + 1

#3 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

Now there is an example of political ineptitude at work. Take a group of uneducated (to fishing) politicians with PETA overtones and allow them to pass laws on issues they have no real understanding or clue about.

I would imagine that any chance of enjoying a fishing trip while in Switzerland would be pretty slim. Especially for anyone with a conservation mindset.

Sort of brings this video to mind.

http://youtu.be/k76IGLi6jWI

Just change it to Fishy Whacking Week and imagine traditionally garbed Swiss folk with rods and clubs.

Disturbing,

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users