Clear Cutting Nova Scotia - The Bio-Massacre - Page 2 - Conservation - Nova Scotia Fishing

Photo

Clear Cutting Nova Scotia - The Bio-Massacre

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

the coalition is a good group, very dedicated people.  It's of no use whatever to expect our insane government to protect any wild resources,  it's ALL money. as usual.

#22 -----

-----

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationAnywhere that fish are and people are not

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:06 AM

the coalition is a good group, very dedicated people.  It's of no use whatever to expect our insane government to protect any wild resources,  it's ALL money. as usual.

Many of these Groups also want to limit who and how people can use these areas. Many of these groups want no part of ATV usage for example. Others want no part of Motorization in any form. Many others want no part of Hunting/Fishing/Trapping. 

I keep my head held high and smile, because there are people who will kill to see me fall.

#23 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

Many of these Groups also want to limit who and how people can use these areas. Many of these groups want no part of ATV usage for example. Others want no part of Motorization in any form. Many others want no part of Hunting/Fishing/Trapping. 

That's true Guest, but there are also many people in the group who hunt, fish, 4wheel, etc.  It takes communication and interaction between all user groups to help ensure our privileges of continued use . We , the consumptive users,  have to make sure that we can continue to access these areas for traditional use .  A lot of the problem of anti-motorization stems from the friggin idiots who insist on driving through and up and down streams, tearing up wetlands, "mudding" etc.  

#24 -----

-----

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1040 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

That's true Guest, but there are also many people in the group who hunt, fish, 4wheel, etc.  It takes communication and interaction between all user groups to help ensure our privileges of continued use . We , the consumptive users,  have to make sure that we can continue to access these areas for traditional use .  A lot of the problem of anti-motorization stems from the friggin idiots who insist on driving through and up and down streams, tearing up wetlands, "mudding" etc.  

Totally agree BD, however as you and most are aware those that are the idiots are the few. I have never liked being painted with the same brush as the few. I ATV and love it, however never have I taken my bike off any already existing trail or road, never has it run up and down a stream bed. Taking care of the few rather then punishing all is a more correct reaction IMO. Funny that damage I saw earlier this spring on the opened to all Bowater lands was being done by 4X4 trucks and cars, believe it or not. Also agree about communication, however once a mission specific group takes motion it is hard to convince them of other courses of action. We all experienced this with Gun Control Groups (C 68)

I keep my head held high and smile, because there are people who will kill to see me fall.

#25 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

Totally agree BD, however as you and most are aware those that are the idiots are the few. I have never liked being painted with the same brush as the few. I ATV and love it, however never have I taken my bike off any already existing trail or road, never has it run up and down a stream bed. Taking care of the few rather then punishing all is a more correct reaction IMO. Funny that damage I saw earlier this spring on the opened to all Bowater lands was being done by 4X4 trucks and cars, believe it or not. Also agree about communication, however once a mission specific group takes motion it is hard to convince them of other courses of action. We all experienced this with Gun Control Groups (C 68)

Agreed,  I hate that damn brush !   unfortunately the few always ruin things for the rest of us.  I refuse to take my 4wheeler off established trails as well, as do many others but we often take the hit because of the friggin jerks who make a sport of it.  I just think we need to make our voices heard and try to gain a bit of respect and understanding so we don't totally lose our sport. Don't leave the decision-making entirely in the hands of others - if we can help it.  Now, back to the laundry !

#26 IceShanty

IceShanty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

How many of these "trails" would there be with no atvs?

#27 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

How many of these trails would there be with no atvs?

Not sure I completely understand your question . Can you clarify please ?

#28 IceShanty

IceShanty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

"Established" trails?

#29 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

"Established" trails?

Woods roads, old snow-mobile trails, tote roads - trails already put there for some other use .  and when these roads and trails are wet and muddy we don't use em.

#30 IceShanty

IceShanty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

That's awesome but out on them you can see the impact they have on the environment also?

#31 -----

-----

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1040 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

How many of these "trails" would there be with no atvs?

Most of the ATV trails that I am familiar with are in fact old Forestry Roads. Some from decades ago. The various snowmobile clubs in the province also have a huge network of trails they have cut out themselves, or use the existing haul roads this with the various landowners permission of course.

I believe your question might be double edged, I understand what you are saying, I think? Yes there are idiots out there running wild through the woods, but that is not everyone, just a few.

To make a comparison, I hope, I will say this, just because the RCMP stop a Honda Civic today somewhere and the driver is impaired does not mean that everyone who owns a Honda Civic drives impaired. All the population does not get on the offensive and attack the owners of all these vehicles because of the actions of one, why then does the attack on the 50,000 OHV owners keep going because of a few?

#32 -----

-----

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1040 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

That's awesome but out on them you can see the impact they have on the environment also?

You should have hit the Bowaters road this spring, while it was wet. You should have witnessed the damage caused by highway vehicles who went on the backwoods roads with their cars and trucks.

#33 IceShanty

IceShanty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

And what the atvs hovered.....

#34 IceShanty

IceShanty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

I kind of feel the same about atvs as i do clearcuts.........

#35 -----

-----

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1040 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

I kind of feel the same about atvs as i do clearcuts.........

Now I am not sure what you are about? You obviously have no use for ATV's, you clearly do not see that there is damage being caused by other vehicles, other then ATVs. You choose not to acknowledge this. You mentioned environmental damages in a couple posts back. Wondering if you own a boat, with an Outboard, if you drive a vehicle, that burns fossil fuels or what you might heat your house with.

I am not defending in any way the actions of reckless ATVers, but I do see the forest for the trees.

I am happy you do not like clear cuts, however ATVs and Clear cuts certainly are two different animals.

#36 IceShanty

IceShanty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

Your entitled to your opinion..

#37 -----

-----

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1040 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

I respect your opinion also, even though it does not match mine. Happy Fishing.

#38 IceShanty

IceShanty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

You do really.
Thanks

#39 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

Group hug ! :rolleyes:

#40 -----

-----

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1040 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

We hugged and made up. Really though IceShanty is just upset because he bought an ATV that does not work so well. I explained to him that he should have bought an Arctic Cat, but no he would not listen to me. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users