9 replies to this topic

#1 fielddog

fielddog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:57 PM

This should cool you off thinking about ice fishing in the mid summer.What would any of you like to see or say about the Catch the Rainbow tournament.You won't hurt my feelings I am looking for feed back.I want to put it on again but a little input from the fishing community would be nice.Mike (fielddog) Hants West Wildlife Association.

#2 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationKinsac

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

A little info on the tourny would be great to those who have never heard of it....like me
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.
I fish because the voices in my head tell me too!

#3 Shienar

Shienar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

hold it on oathill lake in the HRM
LOL
kind of a inside joke
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 fielddog

fielddog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

Catch the Rainbow is a ice fishing tournament hosted by the Hants West Wildlife Association.The tournament is designed to kick off the new year and is held in January at Meadow Pond Windsor,N.S.One of its primary goals is to get people of all ages out ice fishing especially the kids.The other major goal is to put funds into the spring "Learn to Fish" program.In the spring of 2010 the HWWA hosted 7 schools giving 9 classes an opportunity to go fishing over 200 kids through the month of May learned something about fishing ,the environment, cold water species and warm water species.So in a nut shell the ice fishing tournament does a number of positive things.The fish specie is Rainbow Trout. fielddog

#5 uklee

uklee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationLawrencetown

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

Some buddies and myself were there last year.
The main issue that we found was the very limited amount of communication to all the anglers of what was going on during the day.
It seemed, that if you were not 20 feet away from the control you just did not know what was happening.
No such thing as a bad days fishing or a good day at work

#6 fielddog

fielddog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

Communication has always been a concern.It is one that we have looked at.The Sign thing did not work as all the signage tends to blow away.We tried the chalk board once but the chalk one year didn't work that well in the cold,and last year we lost two pieces in the snow.I am thinking of loud speakers or a bull horn but it is something that we will somehow get better at.Fielddog

#7 ___

___

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

Perhaps even a bullhorn that can broadcast the fact that there is an announcement, and that would give the fishers and oppertunity to come over and hear it.

#8 fielddog

fielddog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

Perhaps even a bullhorn that can broadcast the fact that there is an announcement, and that would give the fishers and oppertunity to come over and hear it.

That is an option and one that I will consider.Thanks Travis these are the types of concerns and ieas that will help us to make the tournaent better. Mike (fielddog)

#9 fielddog

fielddog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

Catch the Rainbow ice fishing tournament will be going ahead the tentative date is the 3rd weekend in January but that is subject to change.Further notices will be added as plans are made and finalized.Thanks Mike (fielddog)

#10 XBONESX

XBONESX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEastern Passage

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Looking forward to it!

Thanks to the guys who put there time in each year to put it on .
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users