6 replies to this topic

#1 NS_Sens

NS_Sens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

Went to watch the new Star Trek movie the other day (awesome movie by the way) and when they turned down the lights and before the movie previews started Cooke Aquaculture had a 30 second spot saying that they are farmers and farmers care about what they do. They sure are revving the PR machine.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. -- George W. Sears

#2 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

NS_Sens,

Yeah, I enjoyed the Star Trek movie too. Found the 3D takes a little away from the "big picture" though.

As to the Cooke ads, I posted in "Aquaculture Ass. Fights back" on these.(Post 112 - if you are interested).

The propaganda machine is in high gear at Cooke. Maybe all the bad press needed to be countered with some lies (oops) I mean spin ...(uh) advertisement. (?)

They even started a website to "openly pen" all this wonderful, feel good crap.

Check out: http://cookefarms.ca/

By the way, wear your 3D glasses when visiting this site. You'll require them to clarify all the "blurred" reality.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#3 NS_Sens

NS_Sens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

I wasn't surprised about the ads, I did read your post in that topic. I was just surprised that they would place it in front of a blockbuster movie.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. -- George W. Sears

#4 NS_Sens

NS_Sens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

And I skipped the 3D thing, don't like 3D on live action movies.

#5 pmorris

pmorris

Levity Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBedford, NS

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

I'm sure that Empire Theatres would have no concerns about selling advertising time to Cooke. After all, they sell their salmon in their grocery stores...

I started reading a book about anti-gravity and I just couldn't put it down.

#6 NS_Sens

NS_Sens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

No doubt, at the end of the day money is money.  

#7 trutta

trutta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

I saw the same ad yesterday it came on before a you tube video I clicked on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users