#2 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Some pretty fish. Interesting "parasite" on the one. You should get some really close shots of it and send them to DFO for identification.

Sorry, but I have to mention it. Neither of you was wearing a life jacket or PFD and, as closely as I looked, I didn't see them in the boat. And you pan the camera around your boat quite well.

Would have enjoyed the video more if you'd been wearing those PFD's. (Gonna keep after you on this one)

Nice fishing vid though.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#3 Hiltz

Hiltz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Terran - In all honesty do u really think u are doing anything except driving these guys away from this site ? I appreciate your concern but these guys look like adults and unsolicited advice is a pain in the behind. Just reading your comments makes me want to avoid this site - I pretty much stopped posting pics and vids on here because of remarks like yours and its a shame because I travel the province lots and enjoy photography and really used to enjoy sharing my adventures on here :( So just chill out a bit and be thankful at least some guys are still making the effort to share things with you - it could be very dull if no one posted anything on here

#4 perch hunter

perch hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

#5 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Terran - In all honesty do u really think u are doing anything except driving these guys away from this site ? I appreciate your concern but these guys look like adults and unsolicited advice is a pain in the behind. Just reading your comments makes me want to avoid this site - I pretty much stopped posting pics and vids on here because of remarks like yours and its a shame because I travel the province lots and enjoy photography and really used to enjoy sharing my adventures on here :( So just chill out a bit and be thankful at least some guys are still making the effort to share things with you - it could be very dull if no one posted anything on here

Yeah, I forgot that in today's society there are those who would rather watch a tragedy and video tape it for YouTube; than actually do something uncomfortable - like step up and try to help or prevent it.

Got to love the "Social Media" age.

Truly sorry that my "unsolicited advice" is a pain in the behind for some.

Just that I come from a place where if you see something that could cause someone harm (or worse), you step up and try to prevent it. Even if it's unpopular. Otherwise, you are no better than if you harmed them yourself.

Old fashioned I guess?

So I will take your advice under advisement and give it all the consideration it is due.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#6 Edward

Edward

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationCape Breton

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

Life jackets save lives.

#7 scottw

scottw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationBridgewater, NS

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Life jackets save lives.

X2.
That's all that needs to be said.

#8 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Man Terran, you got to lay off, your starting to annoy us, and making us not want to share these video's on this site. Everytime we post a video your going on about PFD's like your the pfd POLICE MAN HIMSELF! We listened to your comments and took some of your advice, I think we got the point already and if we choose not to bring one out than that's our problem. Just watch the video's and be happy we're sharing them on this site or don't watch them at all, it's as simple as that. We're just a bunch of simple guys that want to enjoy fishing our way, and if that's enjoying a few beer and not wearing an uncomfortable pfd all day, then so be it. We keep the pfd's in the boat, doesn't mean we got to wear them the whole time. THE LAW STATES, THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO WEAR THEM AT ALL TIMES AS LONG AS THEIR PRESENT IN THE BOAT AND IN REACH AT ALL TIMES.

No problem.

Done.

#9 trout_manmitch

trout_manmitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

sorry terran i dont no who kyle thinks he is... commenting like that on my video... hes barely even in this video... you might not see him again lol... but y were talking about this everyone has there opinion thats that, it dont bother me what anybody says about a video. personally i agree with u about life jackets we should always have em. and like i said before i just bought a new pfd so at least i have three now to make things legal at all times. but half the time we just forget em. always forget something it seems. tight lines everybody and stay fishy lol

#10 Exstreamfisherman

Exstreamfisherman

Streamside ProStaff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationMoncton, NB

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Video was good... looks like you guys had some fun. Now as for this whole PFD debate... I guess it would be best discussed in its own thread but since it was started here I can add my 2 cents worth.. I know everyone doesn't wear a PFD, I know a lot of people don't bring them, I know most people don't like them and I also know that people drown every year because they don't have them on. A few years ago I rolled my kayak in some fast water that I was unprepared for. If I didn't have the training and knowledge I do about my kayak or any other paddling or boating then I probably would have panicked and not been here today to tell the story. Now I wear my PFD every time on the water. I tried many PFD's before getting the one I use now.. It is not ugly, it is not bulky, it fits like it should, it allows me movement and it is very comfortable. Having said all this, everyone has their own preferences. If you choose to wear it fine, if you don't then again that is your prerogative. As a public forum, it is totally acceptable to offer suggestions and feedback to make the receiver of that information a better angler, person or at least to make them think of an issue that maybe they have never been exposed to previously. I am sure if Terran offered unsolicited advice that increased their catch percentage then they would have taken it with open arms and no one would have made any comments. I have never met Terran but I am sure he meant well with his suggestion. Hiltz we have both had people come at us for one reason or another making comments and suggestions that we never asked for...I have pretty thick skin and I know you do as well... I guess my ability to block out the static on most of the open forum sites that I visit is the reason I can keep enjoying them. I will see you in July when we are down to the camp and maybe we can discuss this further then.. or not.. I would much rather go fishing..lol...

#11 marsh

marsh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationUpper Stewiacke

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

All of this is a bit childish dont you think? Hounding them is not going to work say your 2 cents and leave it as is. If people were hounding me I would make more videos with out them on. Its up to them and I believe there is nothing on the forms that says they have to. (or the law)
This is the kind of stuff that happens when you get this many people together.
life jacket on or not
fly fishing or spin fishing
pictures of live of dead fish etc
There will always be disagreements just like everything in life. We all make our own choices and thats that.
I know in a lake I dont keep mine on but when I am in white water I do. There is a time and place.
Good Video and I will keep watching them.

#12 trout_manmitch

trout_manmitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

thanks marsh and videos there will b. this weekend was our best ever. got some serious clips to show found one heck of a trout hole.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brook trout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users