31 replies to this topic

#21 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

I went to Bisset tonight to look at the boat launch and it is in rough shape,,it has a couple of big ruts and not good enough to get a trailer down,, may be able to drag a canoe  or a kayak down it but I would not try to launching the boat there right now.. seems like the winter messed it up real good .

I hope when they fix it they get the angle better :)

#22 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

4Fitz,

The Tender is : Tender Id T14-232  http://www.novascoti...aspx?id=T14-232

Should be able to access the Tender with Adobe. Or so the page states. You may also want to contact: Responsible Procurement Consultant- Gary Carpentier, 490-4202, [email protected]  He would probably have the details. Explain your interest and he may be helpful.

Take a look and see what you make of it.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#23 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

Thanks Terran.. I had already seen that .. not much of an explanation on what is being done.. I may give them a call

Thanks Ed

#24 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

Work started yesterday on the Bisset Lake boat launch.. no access to the water untill it is finished ,, not sure when they will be done but I will keep checking on it,, should be interesting to see how much they improve it :)

#25 tundrawalker1

tundrawalker1

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMount Uniacke

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

Exciting!  Great little lake.

#26 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

Bisset Lake update : I went there last night and they have started to add a rock base into the water, does not look like it will be any wider but there are 4 large concrete pads there ready to be put in. They also put down 6 truck loads of gravel in the parking lot - needs a lot more - I hope they finish this quick so we can get some fishing there soon :) I will keep updating as they do more .

ED

#27 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

They have the 4 concrete pads in place now,, water is very low there and only about the last 2 feet of the last pad is in the water,, also there is about a 1 foot drop at the end of the pad , they still seem to be working there  so hopefully they finish it soon..I will keep checking and let everyone know when it is open. 

ED

#28 Lguthro

Lguthro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

sounds like it will be a nice launch 

#29 4fitzs

4fitzs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

I was at Bisset this afternoon and it looks like the boat launch is complete.. they have all 4 pads in and it looks like they added fill into water to level it all out.. still very shallow there so may be hard to launch a big boat there but it looks good now, hopefully its not torn up by 4x4s at the top as it is still fairly soft,,,
i
I have some pics but can't get them on here

#30 SeventhWave

SeventhWave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Bisset has gotten extremely hard to fish the last few weeks.  Not enough bass, too many shiners.  You might get a big pickerel if you go there every evening for 5 days straight like I did.

#31 Muddy Gullies

Muddy Gullies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

I've never fished Bisset in summer, nor ever caught a single pickerel anywhere before going ice fishing  there on no-license day a couple of years ago. Bisset is one of the lakes you can fish in winter. Spent about an hour and a half there on a cold day, and landed a 22 inch pickerel using a bit of raw grocery store chowder mix  salmon as bait. Next day, caught a smaller one, about 15 inches. Nothing else. Went back last winter one day,took wife, nothing. Why is that? (lol). I was surprised how delicious they were-apparently they can taste weedy in summer? Not in winter obviously.

I walked from the park parking lot out  out the pond and over to about 300 feet from the old rehab centre off Bisset Road. But warning -you need to walk well out into the pond from parking lot and well past the point if crossing the lake towards Bisset  Don't stray too close to shore when you cross the lake -runouts there and ice stays thin well out from them. Guy living on the lake told me about that, after I had measured with the auger. You need to allow a good 500 feet from the point  when crossing.,and check ice as you go.Lake had about 18 inches when I was there, but it thinned out to about 14 across the front of that point and probably much less the closer you go to shore there. Make a couple of cuts to make sure as you go.

#32 ZaGhost

ZaGhost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

Anyone having any luck on Bisset? I was out yesterday for a couple of hours. Had several hits, but all small. .. like.... really small. One pikerel landed on top of a lily pad... guessing about 4 inches...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users