#41 raven4ns

raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Were you fishing the Upper Stewiacke? I'm hoping to get out if the damn weather clears but I like the upper reaches and the tribs as I use a 3wgt or a 4wgt. Thank you.

Tim

Fished the Stewiacke last night a few small Trout nothing major yet.

All the best

Tim

The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down....but how many times he gets back up

https://www.flickr.c...s/44673530@N04/

#42 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

I just got home from work and it is blowing hard on the river. Too damned windy for me... :( . Hopefully the river won't get blown out!
Terran let me know ahead of time if you are going to drop by the house.

Hard to tell what the weather is going to do. Various and sundry reports from the different weather people. We're gonna get something. The amount will depend on how this Low crosses the Province. Looks, right now, like you might get a "blow out" by Sunday night.

If you can believe anything they say on the weather.

I'll let you know ahead of time when I'm heading up your way. (That way you can be sure to be away ;) :lol: )

Can't breathe with all the humidity, right now. Like sucking air through a wet cloth. Hoping this storm will clear the air a bit. Probably will venture a trip after the weather breaks.

My buddy has been trying to get me up that way for a while. Health has really been the issue. :( I'll get there though...soon.

Thanks,

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#43 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'll watch for the warning that you are heading this way :lol: ,,,,,,,Now I just gotta figure out where to hide!

#44 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Anybody have any info on water conditions after the weekend? Water levels come up much? Dirty?

How's the fishin?

Oh, and Marquisfly...you can run but you can't hide. :lol: :o No really...I mean you can not hide. I was never any good at that game. ;)

Cheers,

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#45 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

River level is slightly high but clear....Terran I was never any good at hide and seek either....saw some respectable trout this evening and hooked a couple of small stripers on the 5wt. I'll be the guy hiding behind the beer can.

#46 StripperGuide

StripperGuide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

River level is slightly high but clear....Terran I was never any good at hide and seek either....saw some respectable trout this evening and hooked a couple of small stripers on the 5wt. I'll be the guy hiding behind the beer can.

Any size on the stripers Mrquisfly?.....I have been pounding the Stewiacke for the last two weeks .....never hooked a striper yet ?

#47 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

No real size to the stripers......on the other hand trout fishing has been excellent when you can find a school of fresh browns feeding on the surface taking dries.

#48 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Raven.....I haven't fished the upper Stewiacke yet this year, usually hit that in July.

#49 raven4ns

raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Thank you.

Tim

All the best

Tim

The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down....but how many times he gets back up

https://www.flickr.c...s/44673530@N04/

#50 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hit a school of sea run browns and enjoyed fishing dries to some very large trout. Hooked some in that ranged from 3-5lbs. The school has moved up the river and it's time to go looking for them.

#51 BrownTrout Stalker

BrownTrout Stalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

What were the go to flies??

#52 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

There was a hatch of yellow drakes on, parachute worked well.

#53 BrownTrout Stalker

BrownTrout Stalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

Thnx..hope to make it down monday..

#54 salmon are forever!

salmon are forever!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationTruro & tatamagouche. N.S.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

Went tonight seen over 30 landed plus i got some on the fly rod awesome time i have 250 yards of backing and for the first time i was worried that i was gonna run out of backing they were everywhere!!
what a tourist terms a plague of insects a fly-fisher calls a great hatch!

http://users.eastlin...ryfly/hatch.htm

http://www.facebook....in.skinner.1671

#55 YellowGuy

YellowGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTruro

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

Went tonight seen over 30 landed plus i got some on the fly rod awesome time i have 250 yards of backing and for the first time i was worried that i was gonna run out of backing they were everywhere!!

Justin, saw your picture, really a nice one, awesome!

#56 Stradicman

Stradicman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPictou Co.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

Great striper you caught on the flyrod!How's the brown trout fishing going for you?i only caught my first brown a few night's ago and it was only a smaller one.

#57 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

River bumped up about six inches, hopefully bring in some fresh browns. Had a blast on shad last night on the rock pile, they were hitting hard on the chartreuse fly.

#58 salmon are forever!

salmon are forever!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationTruro & tatamagouche. N.S.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Goin ok stradicman but nothing bigger then 16 inches so far this year but i seen some others land.nice 20 inches plus browns but i havent landed my big brown yet this year hopefully just hopefully it will bite at the end of my fly line soon but kinda occupied with stripers and shad right know i like to fish them while they are here

But once they are gone ill be. Brown fishing. Pickerel fishing mackerel fishing smallmouth etc. And maybe try a few times over on the north shore for stripers to never know

And in the end of june ill be up margaree way

Then comes fall the mystical time of year when the salmon run and the fishermen are about ready for the atlantic salmon to strike and give them that jolt of adrenaline

But i think the part i likemost about fishing is the true peace and quiete and nice feeling listening to the birds and just enjoying being out on the water!

Anybody got some patterns for browns right know i could try out and see if they like it?
what a tourist terms a plague of insects a fly-fisher calls a great hatch!

http://users.eastlin...ryfly/hatch.htm

http://www.facebook....in.skinner.1671

#59 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

Goin ok stradicman but nothing bigger then 16 inches so far this year but i seen some others land.nice 20 inches plus browns but i havent landed my big brown yet this year hopefully just hopefully it will bite at the end of my fly line soon but kinda occupied with stripers and shad right know i like to fish them while they are here

But once they are gone ill be. Brown fishing. Pickerel fishing mackerel fishing smallmouth etc. And maybe try a few times over on the north shore for stripers to never know

And in the end of june ill be up margaree way

Then comes fall the mystical time of year when the salmon run and the fishermen are about ready for the atlantic salmon to strike and give them that jolt of adrenaline

But i think the part i likemost about fishing is the true peace and quiete and nice feeling listening to the birds and just enjoying being out on the water!

Anybody got some patterns for browns right know i could try out and see if they like it?

Justin,

Sounds like you're having a great season. Really glad to hear it.

Just wanted to say, "Tight Lines".

Terran

#60 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

River is up again about 6-8 more inches. Saw some large browns feeding before dark last night off the back of my field, might have to give it a cast in about another hour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users