1 striper last night

#22 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Water is still on the high side but clearing.

#23 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

So, what's the word on the Stewiacke lately? Water levels? Clarity? Fishing situation?

Besides the cold (what's up with this Spring?), has the bit of rain we've been getting made much difference?

Looks like we're in for some heavy rain again this week; if you can believe the weather folks.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#24 VanW27

VanW27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Water was high yesterday, but clear and fishable.

I spent the day fishing a tributary further up from the main shad and striper action and the trout were on fire in the wacky weather. Caught many small brookies and my first 2 browns one 12.5" and one 18".

Stopped at a couple spots on the main river on my way home and had no success, although I didn't put much time in.

#25 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Too damned cold this morning, felt more like hunting weather. I think I will wait for it to warm up.

#26 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Water was high yesterday, but clear and fishable.

I spent the day fishing a tributary further up from the main shad and striper action and the trout were on fire in the wacky weather. Caught many small brookies and my first 2 browns one 12.5" and one 18".

Stopped at a couple spots on the main river on my way home and had no success, although I didn't put much time in.

Thanks for the update VanW27. That river can have some great trout action and the "tribs" are always worth the effort. TRULY one of my "fave" rivers.

Great to hear it hasn't changed.

Tight lines,

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#27 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Too damned cold this morning, felt more like hunting weather. I think I will wait for it to warm up.

"It's beginning to "feel" a lot like Christmas..." :blink:

Supposed to start warming a little after Monday. Although they're forecasting more rain this week. (Monday 10-15mm, Thursday 10mm +/-, Friday 20-30mm, Saturday 20-30mm If you can believe the Weather Network)

This Spring has truly been brutal for anybody who wants to do anything outside. Damn furnace is still coming on! They got snow in some places, yesterday.

It'll probably switch right into extra hot and humid when this finally breaks.

Guess all a fella can do is bundle up. Lots of layers. I hate that "Bib the Michelin Man" approach to fishing.

Marquisfly, stay warm and let us know what the rivers like when you venture out.

Terran

#28 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

River is getting to a nice level and is clear, still damned cold.....minus two and frost this morning. Time to feed the horses and hit the river before the rain starts. Saw a few trout feeding at the rock pile last evening.

#29 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Crazy freakin weather. Depending on who, what and when you listen to the weather one thing is clear; the weather folks are just as confused about the weather as the rest of us. Moreso than normal. (That's scary)

Trout at the Rock Pile...now that brings back some fond memories. Marquisfly, you are truly a lucky man. Living on that river would be a dream for me.

Hopefully, the rain won't be as bad as some are forecasting. Hoping to get up on a decent day soon. If we get what some are saying, it could be a blow-out for a while.

Thanks for the update.

Terran

#30 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

Heading down river to check on stripers and then off to try for trout. Chores at the barn are done. I am driving a white silverado with silver z71 ground effects if anyone wants to meet and chat.

#31 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

How are the conditions on the Stewiacke? How's the fishing been?

Terran

#32 Suprdave

Suprdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

I was out Sunday for about an hour...landed a 14 lb striper. Too cold for me so I went home. Saw 3 more landed while I was there. Shad everywhere, have to try for a few next time.

When the last tree is cut,
When the last fish is eaten,
When the last river poisoned,
You will realize,
You can't eat money.

#33 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

I was out Sunday for about an hour...landed a 14 lb striper. Too cold for me so I went home. Saw 3 more landed while I was there. Shad everywhere, have to try for a few next time.

Superdave,

Sounds like a good hour.If you don't mind me asking, what part of the river were you fishing (general area if you don't want to give away exact location)?

This Spring's weather has been brutal. Depressing even. Hopefully, it'll change soon.

Tight lines,

Terran

#34 Suprdave

Suprdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

I was just above the hwy 2 bridge...and yeah,you're right about the weather...brutal. Should warm up soon though.Gonna head up Sunday for another go at it.

When the last tree is cut,
When the last fish is eaten,
When the last river poisoned,
You will realize,
You can't eat money.

#35 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hope you get a decent day, weather wise. Can't believe a thing you see from the Weather folks anymore.

Have a great trip and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Terran

#36 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Speaking of the weather. The Weather Network is calling for 50+ mm or rain for Saturday. As usual, they might be wrong and it could change, but keep an eye on it and prepare accordingly.

We get the rain forecast, by Sunday the rivers could be messy.

Terran

#37 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

The river is just at a nice level for trout, hit the pool last night for an hour before dark. Quite a few small trout moving but nothing to write home about. Terran....It is a great place to hang my hat...a dream come true for me to live here.

#38 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

The river is just at a nice level for trout, hit the pool last night for an hour before dark. Quite a few small trout moving but nothing to write home about. Terran....It is a great place to hang my hat...a dream come true for me to live here.

Marquisfly,

I had the same "dream" back about twenty years ago. Had the finances then to fulfill that dream, but unfortunately couldn't find the "right" package for sale. In fact, I believe I may have even tried to talk the former owner of your place into selling. (If it's the place I think)

Few years later, I had a "life changing event" and my circumstance changed completely. Now I wish I had tried harder.

Looks like you'd better get your fishing in before Saturday. They're still calling for a torrent (50+ mm). She'll be up a little if we get what they're calling for.

Still hoping to get a chance to "drop by" in the near future.

Keep us informed on how she's running.

Thanks and tight lines,

Terran

#39 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Anyone fishing the Stewie lately? Should be good until the rain hits hard.

Marquisfly? (Probably too busy fishin to reply ;) )

Terran

#40 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

I just got home from work and it is blowing hard on the river. Too damned windy for me... :( . Hopefully the river won't get blown out!
Terran let me know ahead of time if you are going to drop by the house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users