River Philip, The Unfair Fishery - Page 4 - Rivers & Streams - Nova Scotia Fishing

Photo

River Philip, The Unfair Fishery

river philip regulations lure

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

Poll: River Philip, The unfair fishery (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Who thinks it's fair that fly fisherman get to have free reign over river philip while lure / bait fisherman have to suffer?

1. Not me, I only lure / bait fish (6 votes [9.84%])

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

2. Not me, I prefer lure / bait fishing but will fly fish if it's the only option (10 votes [16.39%])

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

3. Me (45 votes [73.77%])

Percentage of vote: 73.77%

Vote

#61 SalmoSolar

SalmoSolar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

thanks your statement just proved the point i was trying to make :)
"the fish are coming back so it must not be that bad lets not protect them " as for just being mad because i dont know where the big ones are. what are you like 13-14 yars old with that statement? as for all these rivers having salmon coming back can you please tell me why you think you have more knowledge on that subject then the people at DNR,DFO and ASF? because they sure wouldnt agree with you

#62 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

What a huge bunch of crock from The Ninja !

#63 Robbie Hiltz

Robbie Hiltz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationThe Valley

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

Definately bs post of the year says me..the pickeral kung fu master..baahaaa
The best things in life aren't things

#64 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Definately bs post of the year says me..the pickeral kung fu master..baahaaa

yes, might be funny if it weren't so damn sad

#65 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Your obviously catching nothing as well. I had all kinds of pics on here until i found out 80% of the people on here are flyfishing nazis. I stay for the 20% and they can enjoy my pics on my FB profile. Say what you want dude but im the one on the river ;)

from what I've been reading you should be the one IN the river.  with the bottom feeders.

#66 BassNBrownsNinja

BassNBrownsNinja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

Well ill be at River phillup in an hour. Come put me in the river ;)

#67 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

Well ill be at River phillup in an hour. Come put me in the river ;)

never heard of River phillup .  And I make a point of not polluting our rivers with trash. ;)

#68 Lunker

Lunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Locationtruro

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

the ignorance being spoken in this thread is mind blowing. educate yourselves before you try to speak about things you obviously know nothing about.
this has nothing to do with salmon fisherman having more money or regulations being unfair. this does have EVERYTHING to do with the fact that the state of the fisheries in this province have been ignored for far far too long, and we are now starting to catch up(very slowly) to where we shoulda been 20 years ago. im so sick of fisherman talking about their rights to go kill fish. that might of been fine and dandy in the past but where has that mentality gotten us?
i recently moved home after 6 years out west and the state of the fisheries and total lack of proper regulations here is sadening. i understand we as a province might not have the funds to enforce them but we could atleast put them in place. i dont think ANY river that has ANY salmon running in it should allow spin or bait fishing EVER. it should be closed to spin fishing all year, especially in the spring. im also against there still being ANY tags with a salmon license. we need no kill period.
To the folks out there who are against this kinda thing, i say you had your chance and you blew it, BIGTIME, go buy your fish from the store or go catch and kill some from a stocked lake. but please leave the few wild fish trout/salmon ALONE. i highly doubt the rest of us are gonna stand by and allow others to destroy something we care so deeply about. atleast i know i wont

/thread

great post

#69 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Lunker, it was a great post but, unfortunately,  it will mean absolutely nothing to the :angry:  morons killing fish like there's a never ending supply.

#70 SalmoSolar

SalmoSolar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

bass and brown ninja    you have actually proven that you are so arrogant over your own ignorance that you arent even worthy of being in this discussion. go fish for your non native bass and browns and leave the real fish to people who actually care about the fish,unlike you who seems to only care about using them to somehow make your D&*k seem bigger.        id laugh at you if i didnt find you so damm sad.....

#71 girlfisher

girlfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1687 posts
  • LocationSand Beach

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

i think no spin gear or bait in any river seems quite over the top'

why not just close the rivers to everyone ? lol...

this is what unfortunately is going to happen and in some instances already has, that is what gear restrictions is trying to prevent. Wouldn't it be better to learn a new method protect the fish and stay on the river than not be there at all
please practice a sustainable harvest

#72 Fishalotasaurus

Fishalotasaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationBeaverbank/Lwr Sackville

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

this is what unfortunately is going to happen and in some instances already has, that is what gear restrictions is trying to prevent. Wouldn't it be better to learn a new method protect the fish and stay on the river than not be there at all

I do fly fish so it's really not an issue, just prefer spin.

#73 munky

munky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGreenhill, NS, Canada

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

So we can just ignore laws we don't agree with now?

Sounds like a slippery slope to me.

#74 BassNBrownsNinja

BassNBrownsNinja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

bass and brown ninja    you have actually proven that you are so arrogant over your own ignorance that you arent even worthy of being in this discussion. go fish for your non native bass and browns and leave the real fish to people who actually care about the fish,unlike you who seems to only care about using them to somehow make your D&*k seem bigger.        id laugh at you if i didnt find you so damm sad.....

Good one...

#75 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

So we can just ignore laws we don't agree with now?

Sounds like a slippery slope to me.

Only the "special" people .  Think Salmo is getting close to the mark - some sort of pe*&s  envy complex . Very sad.

#76 fishingcaptain

fishingcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationn.s.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Personally I wouldn't except any information d.f.o. provides.....example...Georges bank haddock fishery....haddock came back big time in the last 10 years....so d.f.o. allowed the winter dragger fishery to reopen because of the over abundance......guess what happens when you drag mothers with spawn in their bellies?.....last year was a shocker to dfo when the stock collapsed.... Took poor old uneducated fishermen to explain it to them....before you say it....I'm a long line fisherman not dragger.

#77 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Personally I wouldn't except any information d.f.o. provides.....example...Georges bank haddock fishery....haddock came back big time in the last 10 years....so d.f.o. allowed the winter dragger fishery to reopen because of the over abundance......guess what happens when you drag mothers with spawn in their bellies?.....last year was a shocker to dfo when the stock collapsed.... Took poor old uneducated fishermen to explain it to them....before you say it....I'm a long line fisherman not dragger.

I prefer science, but that science should include input from all informed resource users .   However, all the science in the world isn't going to help if certain resource users rape the system.

#78 fishingcaptain

fishingcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationn.s.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Forced to go or get fired....Bottom line is that it was allowed.This was decided by dfo based on science!

#79 Fishalotasaurus

Fishalotasaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationBeaverbank/Lwr Sackville

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Basin seems to enjoy confrontation, but when confronted turns very canadian lol... Shouldve been a lawyer.

all this science just makes me wanna boom-diada.

I'd take the word of fishermen who do it for a living everyday, opposed to the dfo who can't answer any questions

Ive ever had regarding regulations.... I have no faith in them. 

#80 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

Basin seems to enjoy confrontation, but when confronted turns very canadian lol... Shouldve been a lawyer.

all this science just makes me wanna boom-diada.

I'd take the word of fishermen who do it for a living everyday, opposed to the dfo who can't answer any questions

Ive ever had regarding regulations.... I have no faith in them. 

Nothing like a good argument gentlemen !   DFO has made a LOT of huge mistakes regarding the management of our rersources but as bad as it is it's all we've got.  Personally i think we should err on the side of caution when it comes to management of our resources, the unfortunate reality is many decisions are influenced by $$$$$$, as is usual with gov't.   Ideally, inland fisheries should be under Watershed Management but I doubt this will ever happen in our lifetime.  Aquatic biology is greatly influenced by land-based factors and too often these factors are not included in management plans I.E :  recent " news"  that a development is going to take place at Long Lake in Hants Co,apparently, lake lots are now being offered for sale for cottage development.  Riparians need to be protected and comprehensive resource-use management with serious input from all stakeholders needs to be considered for any decisions regarding seasons, bag and retain limits, gear restrictions , "traditional use " seasons etc.  Very complex with myriad issues. It's very easy to point the finger ,  whine, ***** and moan but a bit more difficult to actually get involved and influence the management of our resources. So concludes my rambling rant for this morning .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users