#1 cullumaw

cullumaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSackville NS

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

This video is about an island in the ocean at 2000 km from any other coast line.
Nobody lives there, only birds... and yet ...............
You will not believe your eyes!!!!!!

All too often I have seen bunched line tossed over the boat, shotgun shells left in the woods or garbage just strewn about, with fishing season approaching lets all remember a sobeys bag for garbage to take home.

http://www.midwayfilm.com/

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

#2 pmorris

pmorris

Levity Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBedford, NS

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

What a great reminder! The trailer is very compelling; I can only imagine what the final film will be like.

Paul

P.S.: *SPOILER ALERT* This video contains images of boobies.

I started reading a book about anti-gravity and I just couldn't put it down.

#3 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Sad...very, very sad.

Even more disturbing is the fact that major ocean currents (GYRES) are creating these vortices of plastic in all of our oceans.

For instance, in the Atlantic, they have found the "Atlantic Garbage Patch". Take a look: Atlantic Garbage Patch Found - http://www.cbc.ca/ne...bage-patch.html

Plastics, which take hundreds of years to biodegrade, are building up in these areas creating deadly zones for ocean creatures.

Go to YouTube and search Ocean Garbage Patch or Atlantic Garbage Patch.

Great and disturbing topic.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users