2013 Shubenacadie/stewiacke Striped Bass - Striped Bass Fishing - Nova Scotia Fishing

Photo

2013 Shubenacadie/stewiacke Striped Bass

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#1 IBVFD

IBVFD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

New year, new thread. looking forward to pic, stories and rpt this year for the Shubie and Stewiacke Rivers.

#2 salmon are forever!

salmon are forever!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationTruro & tatamagouche. N.S.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Lookin forward to some to! Also im gonna have some of my own stories and awsome fish to show and talk about looking forward to a great new year!
what a tourist terms a plague of insects a fly-fisher calls a great hatch!

http://users.eastlin...ryfly/hatch.htm

http://www.facebook....in.skinner.1671

#3 NS basser

NS basser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationHalifax NS

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

we will keep in touch owen wont be long now!!!

#4 EvilSquish

EvilSquish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

I am trembling with anticipation at hooking my first of the season striper.... giddy
Here fishy fishy fishy!

#5 Fishalotasaurus

Fishalotasaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationBeaverbank/Lwr Sackville

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

I'm determined to land my first Stiper out of shubie/stewiake this year!

#6 IBVFD

IBVFD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Just a reminder, SBAANS Striped Bass Anglers Association of Nova Scotia AGM, Tues Mar 26, 2013 at Stewiacke Legion at 7 PM.

Hope to see a lot of ppl out.

#7 IBVFD

IBVFD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Agenda outline (non official)

Agenda:
1) Current research presentations (30 min)
2) Election of Executive Members (30 min)
3) Contact/Website presence (15 min)
4) Other Business/From the Floor (30 min)

#8 whitealbinorainbow

whitealbinorainbow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

stripe 2
Album: Stripe bass 2012
8 images
5 comments

Hello fellow fisherman, Just wanted to say if I become any more excited for striped bass this year I may have a stroke. I went out a little late last year and missed the big ones. My best was 36 1/2 inches. It took some effort to find the correct way for catching them but once located it was a blast. Alot of you were reluctant to help which is understandable as a good fishing spot/techniques are rare for a reason. But a big thanks too any of you who may have helped or gave advice to me on here or just when out fishing. I am originally from Ontario and most of you know stripe bass is not on the menu there. After 2 years of being on the east coast and only a half season of striped bass , I am never gunna leave this province because of the striped bass.

#9 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Now that's the kind of enthusiasm that's infectious. ;) These fish are precious and should be cherished.

Great post "WAR" (hey did you know whitealbinorainbow would work out that way? :D ) and some fantastic photos and sentiments.

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#10 Beatz

Beatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

hey guys hope everyone has a good season i will make my first trip the day season opens for sure going to hope for more keepers this year even tho i dont keep them i just like teh fight of them
Have Fun

-Beatz

#11 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

I agree on the enthusiasm Terran......It's all about the the fight of a strong striper on the end of that rod that gets the heart pumping. And to release them is a great feeling in itself......Next year that tug could possibly be one of the fish you hooked this year.

#12 NS basser

NS basser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationHalifax NS

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

looking like a promising year good luck to all!

#13 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

I agree on the enthusiasm Terran......It's all about the the fight of a strong striper on the end of that rod that gets the heart pumping. And to release them is a great feeling in itself......Next year that tug could possibly be one of the fish you hooked this year.

Absolutely. If we want to continue to have these wonderful fish for our sporting pleasure, we all must respect and cherish them.

There aren't alot of options when it comes to hooking a quality sport fish that equals the Striper for shear pleasure of the fight.

It's truly exciting to see anglers that are not only enjoying the catching, but actually respecting the fish and it's future. This will make all the difference in whether they will be around for seasons to come.

Have a great season and tight lines. Again to all, take a fish for a feed if you wish, but remember the pre-spawn fish are carrying precious cargo. Take it easy on them, please. And remember...just because you can take a fish, doesn't mean you have too.

Great fishing and be safe...To All.

Marquisfly: Tight lines and fair weather my friend.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#14 salmon are forever!

salmon are forever!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

Love that reply i hope everybodys season will go well i myself have high hopes!

Like Robbie said before the tug is the drug. To true!

And i also like the comment you said particulary the comment ( just beacuse you can take a fish doesent mean you have to!

Tight lines we all have high hopes and great anticipation for another great season!

Justin

#15 sailor340

sailor340

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationBedford/Halifax

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Never fished the Shube other than around the Enfield bridge and i am looking at other places on Google Earth. The ball field in Shube, is that the ones by the railway Trussle.

#16 salmon are forever!

salmon are forever!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Highway 102 bridge is a good place caught some realy nice keeper size stripers i mostly fish stripers in the stewiacke but i think ill be on the shubie this year most of the time

#17 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

If im not mistaken..shubie got shut down relatively early in season last yr. nt sure if it was the low water or j not..can anyone recall?? or was it jus a certain section of it?

Tony,

The Shubie was shut down by Variation Order by DFO. Some people were taking advantage of the strong Striper numbers and lower water by jigging, spearing and pitchforking Striped Bass (and other species).

Here is the topic with the order: Shubie River -Closure : http://novascotiafis...-river-closure/

Hopefully, this will not occur this year, however it is important that anglers who respect this fishery keep their eyes open and report anything shady. Get as much info as possible without putting yourself at risk. Photos, license numbers, descriptions of violators are all important.

But again... be safe. Call DFO and report any illegal activity.

Terran

#18 BrownTrout Stalker

BrownTrout Stalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Terran..your too quick..sorry to the others i deleted my post after i realized it was just a certain section.....but as u can see its quoted...hopefully we have good water this yr ...

#19 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Quick Post McGraw. Fastest poster on the web! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#20 SeventhWave

SeventhWave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hi all, i'm new to the forum, and the shubie river. I was just wondering if this weekend is too early to get a striper in the elmsdale area? Are they there all winter or do they stick to the lakes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users