#1 topwater

topwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationblacketts lake

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

last spring the salmon in middle river and margaree river were hit pretty hard .some guys goin around showing pictures of bathtubs full of them,, others bragin about feeding them to their dogs.some were even used for lobster bait. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR..the same damn thing thats what,because we all complain but no one does nothin..

#2 BrownTrout Stalker

BrownTrout Stalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Did you report this?

#3 topwater

topwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationblacketts lake

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Did you report this?

yes i reported this to dfo to dnr and to all my fishing buddies and now to every body here ..im going to do my best this spring to make it difficult as hell for these guys this year

#4 BrownTrout Stalker

BrownTrout Stalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Rite on man...let us know how it goes..salmon have enough obstacles as it is..

#5 salmon are forever!

salmon are forever!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationTruro & tatamagouche. N.S.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Me. Too it pisses me off to. Soo much!!!!!!!! Will make it as hard as i can too stupid jerks!
what a tourist terms a plague of insects a fly-fisher calls a great hatch!

http://users.eastlin...ryfly/hatch.htm

http://www.facebook....in.skinner.1671

#6 girlfisher

girlfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1687 posts
  • LocationSand Beach

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

What he hell is wrong with ppl?
please practice a sustainable harvest

#7 mattd

mattd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

This day and age there is no need for this type of activity/abuse on our native species. I challenge anyone that witnesses these cowardly acts to try and capture it on video. Get pictures, video etc without putting yourself in harms way then allow the power of the media to take it from there :)

#8 LSF

LSF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMiddleton

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Were they First Nations ?? If so there is nothing you can do about it!!

#9 Shimanoman

Shimanoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationWaverley, Nova Scotia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Topwater,
Do you know the names and addresses of the folks who were doing the bragging and showing the photos?? If you do, perhaps you could share them with us as well as with the appropriate authorities.

Regards.....
Life is too short, to take too much, too seriously, for too long ....Vernon P.Fraser

#10 salmon are forever!

salmon are forever!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

What he hell is wrong with ppl?

Got that strait I can't stand idiots like this I remember when I was 9 at birch hill a guy showed me a pic of two.huge salmon he was holding up in his kitchen and they were caught in the French river he told me

By the way I don't know if this is.bs or what but I asked three fisheries officers over the past year about this Indian/salmon problem and they said they are only aloud to have a net out ounce each year to catch salmon for a gathering type thing to feed the people and supposedly some have a few tags or something

#11 salmon are forever!

salmon are forever!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

But I've seen alot more salmon takin out by Indians then that so maybe you can call them about it I don't know

#12 topwater

topwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationblacketts lake

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

This day and age there is no need for this type of activity/abuse on our native species. I challenge anyone that witnesses these cowardly acts to try and capture it on video. Get pictures, video etc without putting yourself in harms way then allow the power of the media to take it from there :)

this is exactly what has to be done matt .everyone hears about this bs but not everyone gets to see it. a couple of videos on live at 5 might open some eyes.

#13 TrevorMac

TrevorMac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Even if they are native there is no need to take that many. That is just ignorant and they are abusing their rights.

#14 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

I can tell you the best way to screw up a net is to keep a bail of straw in your truck if you can. When you know someone native or not is going to set a net get up river where you cannot be seen and open up the straw and throw hand fulls into the river. It really screws the net and the fish can see it quite clearly. Just don't get caught.

#15 chesador

chesador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

last spring the salmon in middle river and margaree river were hit pretty hard .some guys goin around showing pictures of bathtubs full of them,, others bragin about feeding them to their dogs.some were even used for lobster bait. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR..the same damn thing thats what,because we all complain but no one does nothin..

Did you personally see the pictures or listen to the stories from the people who did the deeds?

#16 fishnfellas

fishnfellas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationElmsdale

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Sounds almost like a Sasquatch sighting !! Never any photos of these acts, just rumours !! Innocent until proven guilty !!

#17 fishnfellas

fishnfellas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationElmsdale

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

But I've seen alot more salmon takin out by Indians then that so maybe you can call them about it I don't know

So Salmon r forever , what did these Indians look like ? Were they wearing head dresses and holding spears, or camo ball caps and blue jeans ? Did you take a pic ? I bet we can send them smoke signals to call them out .

#18 Perry

Perry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

fishinfellas, You are new to the site and this is no way to contribute to the site. Looking for clairification can be done in a more civil manner.

Just because you fish a lot doen't mean you are great or even good. It just means you fish a lot!!

#19 fishnfellas

fishnfellas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationElmsdale

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Not sure where you are coming from. The kid said he saw natives gettn fish, so I am honestly asking , what did they look like !!
Also, if people are watching my two young boys and I fish, do they think we are native or not ? Salmon are forever seems to have posted a racist remark to Indians without having a photo to produce his post. I'm native and don't appreciate the label he used of my people. And I'm not new to the site, I thought I would start back on here after taking a few years off, and it seems that nothing has changed.
Also, did any of these other guys get warmed on their usage of terms or words, salmons words probably should have gotten removed i think.....
What are the rules here anyways, don't hate white people hating natives ?

#20 Perry

Perry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Ok fishnfellas, I understand where you are comeing from. My apology for comeing aboard you. I think the way people relate to salmon being removed from the rivers by nets etc. is the only ones who can do it with no restraint are natives. That said I realize the non natives do this as well so your point is well taken. There is abuse in both communities!

Just because you fish a lot doen't mean you are great or even good. It just means you fish a lot!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users