#1 BigGuy

BigGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationTrenton, Pictou County, Nova Scotia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Anyone been around big island yet, I know people getting lots of smelts in nets and other places such as CB that are getting lots. Just wondering of there is enough ice to try here in PC yet.

ALSO - I heard that people Ice fish in Abercrombie below the trailer court, anyone have any info on this also? would save me a lot of gas lol
"There's more to fishing than catching fish"
Join me on Facebook or Youtube for lots of great pictures of my trips and catches, flies and fly tying.
Also plenty of tips, tricks and videos!! Join up and tell your friends.
Jesse Samson Outdoor Adventures - Facebook
Jesse Samson Outdoor Adventures - Youtube

#2 Blandingo

Blandingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

They are definitely running @ Big Island. I haven't been down there yet but have talked to several people who were out end of last week and were catching them by the dozen.

#3 jharlow

jharlow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Big island ????where is that ?

#4 chris_mcaloney

chris_mcaloney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTrenton,Nova Scotia

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

BigGuy
People do fish over in Abercrombie.The place I used to see people fish is they park by the road going into Abercrombie Country Club and go over the bank there.Not sure if anyone has been there yet this year but I have fished there in the past.Never really got anything but that could have been too late or just weren't running that good.I usually head down to Merigomish or Big island.I haven't been out yet this year but hopefully will get out this week-end if everything goes good.Mainly going to go check the ice first before I do any fishign to make sure there is enough there.

jharlow
Big Island is down past Barney's River.I forget the exact number of the turn off but you take the Sutherland's River turn off and keep driving down.You will see LBR Restaurant and convience Store.Go past that and on the left will be the turn for Big Island.Head down there and you will see people fishing if there is any smelts and ice there.

If I go out this week-end I will post back with the results of Ice Thickness and how we did.
Keep Your Lines Tight!!!

#5 chris_mcaloney

chris_mcaloney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTrenton,Nova Scotia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Was down Big Island today.Windy and chilly.There is about 5 inches of ice.Tide was supposed to be high at 11am but I am pretty sure we had nip tides.Never seen any smelts in 7 hours.Heading back out tmrw and going to try a different spot down that way.Will post when I get home to let all know the results.

Keep Your Lines Tight!!!

#6 BigGuy

BigGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationTrenton, Pictou County, Nova Scotia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

I will be heading out tomorrow with a buddy, in the morning probably until 4 ish. I got a black and yellow pop up shack if you wanna stop by
"There's more to fishing than catching fish"
Join me on Facebook or Youtube for lots of great pictures of my trips and catches, flies and fly tying.
Also plenty of tips, tricks and videos!! Join up and tell your friends.
Jesse Samson Outdoor Adventures - Facebook
Jesse Samson Outdoor Adventures - Youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users