#1 trout snout

trout snout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Locationhalifax

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

hey guys does anyone know of any tackle shops in nova scotia that carry a small selection of blanks. tried fishing fever and they can order them and said only st croix and sage blanks. so i ordered from cabelas as i got two decent blanks for a fraction of a sage and when building for a beginner i would not waste time or money on a sage blank just to be building it again in a year or so. when i order from cabelas they only ship blanks via airmail and its expensive sooo...i would rather drive all across ns than pay for the shipping and duties oh yeah why doesnt cabelas canada stock any rod building supplies?seems foolish any help would be appreciated

cheers
mat

#2 Perry

Perry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Yea, the big stores are ripping us off in Canada. I haven't bought on-line from Bass Pro, Cabelas, LLbean etc. since they started to ship UPS and Fedex and the free shipping costs 20% or more of the total order. I suggest you go on-line find what you want from a company that only deals in tod building and ask if they ship by Post Office(USPS) most do. Pay by Credit caed so you get fair exchange. It works for me.

Just because you fish a lot doen't mean you are great or even good. It just means you fish a lot!!

#3 trout snout

trout snout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Locationhalifax

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

for components like handles and guides,thread and small stuff they're not so bad but only ship blanks airmail. just wanted to try to get some rods out for christmas gifts last minute things so wondered if this happened again if there was somewhere to go in ns rather spend a day driving than on shipping....have found a few good fishing spots by driving around for other things lol thanks. i suppose i could source a few and keep them on hand for emergencies. or spares....
cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users