Smelts - Cogmagun River (Near Stanley Airport) - Smelt - Nova Scotia Fishing

Photo

Smelts - Cogmagun River (Near Stanley Airport)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 moneil72

moneil72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationLower Sackville

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

Does anyone know if the smelt have started running in the cogmagun river? If you are not sure where this is, I am being told that it is near the Stanley Airport.

Thanks,

Mike O'Neil

#2 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

There is a very small run of smelts in the cogmagun rivre, wonder how that run got started? [15 year olds and alot of fertilized eggs}, buts its the Kennecook in Stanley were the big run is.All pointers are there that the run may have started, Ilive on a hill overlooking the river and the smelts were staging a week ago in the lower tidal part.Don't know if the started but they were done by the second weekend last year.Cluth is going in my truck so I haven,t been up to check.

#3 hants-dee-rhunter

hants-dee-rhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

anyone know where the tidal water line is by the airport? and are they still running there? with gas at the price it is i want to ctach a feed but stay close to home. thanks any help would be great

#4 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

This is the time of year tthe smelts run in Stanley normally.Next week is the go time but they have been early the two year previous.

#5 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

anyone know where the tidal water line is by the airport? and are they still running there? with gas at the price it is i want to ctach a feed but stay close to home. thanks any help would be great

downstream of the bridge is tidal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users