#1 Fishin fool

Fishin fool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Locationin hot water (N.S.)

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Any help would be greatly appreceited. I just bought a new 6'- 6" 3wt. sight unseen. I would normally never do this but it was a Wright&Mcgill at a great price. Here's the problem. The rod shows up and is bright yellow in color... I have never even thought about painting or changing the color of a rod but would like to know my options. I love the rod as far as I can tell but don't know if I can live with the color... Oh yeah...4 days and counting... :D
David M
Dartmouth, N.S.

#2 bakerthree

bakerthree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Think of it this way you'll always see the rod and not accidently step on it, you'll see it and not leave it behind and you'll be known as the fisherman with the yellow rod ( hey look thats the guy with the yellow rod that catches all the fish or look out thats the guy twith the yellow rod that hooked me last time he was here).

If a rod works great who cares what it looks like. I had a pair of fishing sunglasses that didn't look cool but they worked real well didn't care what I looked like. My whife though I look like a teletubie in my neoprene chest waders and said your not going to wear those are you, still wore them. There is a make of rod thats orange in color called the carrot stick don't now who makes it but they are suppose to be a nice rod.

ps I guess you got the bannana rod

#3 Shimanoman

Shimanoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationWaverley, Nova Scotia

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Wright&Mcgill have made yellow rods for forever. They make a good product which you will not be stepping on just because you can see it. Colour is not a problem - Unless you create it. Enjoy it and embrace the colour. Regards....
Life is too short, to take too much, too seriously, for too long ....Vernon P.Fraser

#4 BigGuy

BigGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationTrenton, Pictou County, Nova Scotia

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

You may find some comments in here helpful. At least start you of in the right direction.

http://www.flyforums...rod-blanks.html
"There's more to fishing than catching fish"
Join me on Facebook or Youtube for lots of great pictures of my trips and catches, flies and fly tying.
Also plenty of tips, tricks and videos!! Join up and tell your friends.
Jesse Samson Outdoor Adventures - Facebook
Jesse Samson Outdoor Adventures - Youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users