68 replies to this topic

#21 jacare666666

jacare666666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

For clarification , Check page 44 of the angler's hand book ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Not sure why you have the attitude? I have, just confirming. $#%^%^ fisherman snob

#22 Perry

Perry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

You are new on the site as a member Jacare and you accuse a member of being a snob. Typeing in upper case is shouting. You request information offer nothing but insult! What am I missing here?

Just because you fish a lot doen't mean you are great or even good. It just means you fish a lot!!

#23 jacare666666

jacare666666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

You are new on the site as a member Jacare and you accuse a member of being a snob. Typeing in upper case is shouting. You request information offer nothing but insult! What am I missing here?

I didn't realize we had to be form experts here.
I wasn't ''yelling" on purpose and by the way your judgeing me for being a new member maybe he's not the only one. I'm just interested in respecting the laws that govern our fishery, enjoying the season and enjoying the comradey of this form.
Feeling very welcome so far thanks!

#24 Fishy J

Fishy J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNo Man's Land

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

Not sure why you have the attitude? I have, just confirming. $#%^%^ fisherman snob

Sorry ol bud I wasn't trying to give attitude , I thought you were looking for clarification I just pointed out that it was explained on pg 44 of the handbook ,,,You will be remembered in my book when looking for further information ,Seems I'm not the one with the attitude ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Fishy J

#25 IceShanty

IceShanty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

lots of attitude on here and lots experts

LOL

#26 Zoomie_Fisher

Zoomie_Fisher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis Valley

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

Tidal waters you can fish year round. To be sure, I would read the Bible like already suggested, and make sure you know where the line is where its no longer "tidal" on the Shubie. You'll never understand it better than after you take the time to read the regs yourself, IMO.

I tried BOF a few weeks ago with some squid. Not a nibble. Might try the Shubie this weekend. Managed to get some frozen (whole) mackeral from Fishermans Market in Bedford on the way home from work and some prawn at Superstore in Elmsdale.

#27 chaseforen777

chaseforen777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Tidal waters you can fish year round. To be sure, I would read the Bible like already suggested, and make sure you know where the line is where its no longer "tidal" on the Shubie. You'll never understand it better than after you take the time to read the regs yourself, IMO.

I tried BOF a few weeks ago with some squid. Not a nibble. Might try the Shubie this weekend. Managed to get some frozen (whole) mackeral from Fishermans Market in Bedford on the way home from work and some prawn at Superstore in Elmsdale.

Let us know how you do! I usually wait until later in the year to hit the BOF but that's an itch that i might need to scratch before long!!

#28 Gregory

Gregory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

lots of attitude on here and lots experts

LOL

We also have a large legal team

Greg

#29 pmorris

pmorris

Levity Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBedford, NS

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

We also have a large legal team

Dewey, Ketchum, and Howe?

I started reading a book about anti-gravity and I just couldn't put it down.

#30 Fishy J

Fishy J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNo Man's Land

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

I have read it a few times and still don't know where the tidal line is on the shubie ,Anybody that can tell me where it actually is ???? Thanks
Fishy J

#31 pmorris

pmorris

Levity Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBedford, NS

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

I have read it a few times and still don't know where the tidal line is on the shubie ,Anybody that can tell me where it actually is ???? Thanks

See http://www.gov.ns.ca...oundaries.shtml

#32 Fishy J

Fishy J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNo Man's Land

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

Thanks pmorris , I was digging around and found that site , One thing I didn't know that the Shubie is in Halifax co, No wonder I couldn't find anything on it in Colchester Co, Now another question . Does it open on April 1st up to the Milford bridge ???..It says waters east of Halifax harbor April 15th , And west the 1st of april , The shubie is waters of the Bay of Fundy ,Right ??? I really want to be educated on the shubie regs , When I can fish and when I can't and when ??,,, HELP !!!!!!
Fishy J

#33 pmorris

pmorris

Levity Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBedford, NS

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Thanks pmorris , I was digging around and found that site , One thing I didn't know that the Shubie is in Halifax co, No wonder I couldn't find anything on it in Colchester Co, Now another question . Does it open on April 1st up to the Milford bridge ???..

By "up to", do you mean "upstream to"? If so, it's open for stripers all year because it's tidal.

From page 8 of the handbook:

Striped Bass

The tidal and non-tidal waters of the

Northumberland Strait from the New

Brunswick border to Cape North are

CLOSED ALL YEAR.

The inland and coastal waters of Nova

Scotia, from Cape North along the

Atlantic coast and the waters of the Bay

of Fundy, to the New Brunswick border.

Bag limit: 1 fish, with a minimum size

limit, not less than 68 cm (26.8 inches)

overall length, measured from the tip of

nose to the tip of tail. Tidal waters open

all year, except closed Apr 1 to Jun 30 on

the Annapolis River from Hebbs Landing

near the confluence of Ray Brook (grid

reference 0313214 4964708, map 21A/14).

The open season for striped bass in inland

waters corresponds to the open season for

sportfish (salmon, trout, and smallmouth

bass) in those waters.

From May 10 to Jun 10, the daily fishing

quota for striped bass in the waters of

Grand Lake and the Shubenacadie River

downstream to its confluence with the

Stewiacke River, and the Stewiacke River

downstream from the highway bridge

(Pollock Bridge) in Stewiacke East to its

confluence with the Shubenacadie River,

will be zero (0) fish per day (hook and

release only).

From May 10 to Jun 10, only artificial fly,

and unbaited lure with a single hook may

be used when angling in the waters of the

Shubenacadie River downstream from the

CN Railway Bridge at East Milford to

its confluence with the Stewiacke River,

and Stewiacke River downstream from

the highway bridge (Pollock Bridge) in

Stewiacke East to its confluence with the

Shubenacadie River.

#34 Fishy J

Fishy J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNo Man's Land

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Thanks pmorris once again , That is what I thought but I heard that it didn't open til the 15 so I guess others should check the regs more closely , Open all year is exactly what I thought when I read that item several times in the hand book , Now I'm going to straighten out the asumptions of some else ...Thank you kindly ,,,,,,,,,
Fishy J

#35 IBVFD

IBVFD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

The tidal mark on the shubie river is located in milford, past the high school and middle school. you will see the shaw plant, there is a train bridge this is the mark.\\

I personally like to see it moved further down stream to better reflect the tidal mark on the Stewiacke.

The stewiacke tidal marker is only a few kms up the STewiacke where as the Shubie it is like 20 \kms of river or so. I would like to see the tidal mark moved to the 102 just before stewiacke. This would be approx equal to the Stewiacke.

I realize the Stewiacke is a smaller river but the shubie tidal mark is a lot further upstream than the stewiacke, therefore to reflect a better understanding of fish habitat protection i.e. spawning grounds, This would make a reasonable equality of habitat protection for the species as well as other species on both rivers..

#36 Fishy J

Fishy J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNo Man's Land

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

The stewiacke tidal marker is only a few kms up the STewiacke where as the Shubie it is like 20 \kms of river or so. I would like to see the tidal mark moved to the 102 just before stewiacke. This would be approx equal to the Stewiacke.

I do believe the shubie is a long way from stewiack , Am I really missing something here
Fishy J

#37 Luciano

Luciano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

It's Dewey, Cheatum and Howe. Can't mess with a 3 Stooges afficienado!

#38 Fishy J

Fishy J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNo Man's Land

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

It's Dewey, Cheatum and Howe. Can't mess with a 3 Stooges afficienado!

LMFAO ,,,,,,,,,,,
Fishy J

#39 Fishy J

Fishy J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNo Man's Land

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

LMFAO ,,,,,,,,,,,

Now how do I get coffee of the computer screen and the keyboard ,,,???? Too Funny ,,,,,
Fishy J

#40 bob_marlo

bob_marlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Locationsj river

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I had to sit down with a map, highlighter and two regs handbooks for this one but i think i got it figured

SHUBIE RIVER

from the bay of fundy to the east milford CN bridge - OPEN ALL YEAR ***MAY 10 to JUNE 10*** NO NATURAL BAIT *** SINGLE HOOK LURE OR FLY TO THE STEWIACKE RIVER*** BAG LIMIT ZERO****

east milford bridge to grand lake - APRIL 1 to OCT 31

STEWIACKE RIVER

from the tidal mark at the hwy 2 bridge to the CN bridge at McKay siding - APRIL 1 to SEP 30

McKay siding CN bridge to upper stewicke bridge - MAY 10 to SEP 30

east of the upper stewiacke bridge - APRIL 1 to SEP 30

***MAY 10 to JUNE 10*** NO NATURAL BAIT - SINGLE HOOK LURE AND FLY ONLY between the STEWIACKE EAST BRIDGE and the SHUBIE RIVER***

GRAND LAKE

APRIL 1-DEC 31

*** MAY 10-JUNE 10*** NO NATURAL BAIT - SINGLE HOOK LURE AND FLY ONLY

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

******MAY 10-JUNE 10- BAG LIMIT IS 0 (ZERO) ****** this is for grand lake and the shubie river from grand lake to stewiacke river, as well as the stewiacke river from the east stewiacke bridge to the shubie

do not keep any stripers between these dates

IMO theres really no reason to keep any striper as when they get to the size allowed for bagging the meat is not the best eating anyhow, not as many people seem to fish'em betwen these dates though because you cant keep'em, so any one out is prolly (hopefully) C&R and wont take kindly to somebody breaking this rule
  • Posted Image

sound about right???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users