Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:11 AM

Hi Fellow Anglers,

In this mornings Chronicle Herald (Sept. 1, 2011) Business Section there is a story about the reopening of the mine in Gays River. This mine will provide 25 jobs - and that may be a good thing. My concern is how close this mining operation actually comes to the river itself.

First, heres the story as it appeared in the Chronicle Herald:

Plan to reopen N.S. mine means 25 back at work

By JOANN ALBERSTAT Business Reporter

A plan to reopen the ScoZinc Inc. mine in Gays River has put 25 people back to work.

"We’ll be busy over the next six to nine months," Harlan Meade, president and chief executive officer of Selwyn Resources Ltd., said Tuesday from Vancouver.

The B.C. mining company completed its $10-million acquisition of the lead and zinc mine on June 1 from Acadian Mining Group of Halifax.

Last month, Selwyn asked the province for the environmental approvals needed to restart the Colchester County operation, which was previously known as Scotia Mine.

The junior miner is also in the process of raising US$30 million through a bond issue to cover restart costs.

Meade said the plan is to commission the mine by the end of March and be operational in April.

By that time, ScoZinc will employ about 120 people.

Meade said the workers who are at the site now are removing water from the pit and starting to refurbish the mill, which hasn’t been used since 2009.

"There’s a lot of maintenance that has to be done, and the installation and cleanup; that’s going on right now.

"The major refurbishments and modernization of the mill will not occur for at least another month, until we’re comfortable that the debt financing has been completed."

Major upgrades include replacing the crusher system, Meade said.

That modernization will allow the mill to process about 2,500 tonnes of ore a day, up from 2,000 tonnes a day.

The province has until the end of November to issue the necessary permits but Selwyn is looking to get them sooner.

Meade said he doesn’t expect problems getting the permits, which should be helped along by the fact an open-pit operation has existed there for years.

"The project has been environmentally reviewed several times now. There’s virtually very little change.

"But because there’s a pit expansion, then we need to tell people where the waste dumps are going to go and where the facilities are going to be."

The company has already held public meetings in the community.

"For the most part, people were quite accepting and supportive of what we were trying to do," Meade said.

"There are always a few concerns and it’s fair enough. We need to address those concerns."

Besides reopening and expanding the pit, Selwyn’s plan includes mining two additional deposits.

Those permits will be requested next spring, Meade said.

"If we were to permit all of the known mineral resources, we would have a seven- or eight-year mine life, which is what we’ve announced.

"Secondly, though, we’ve committed about $4 million worth of exploration."

If the exploration pans out, the mine could be in business for more than 10 years, Meade said.

The first phase of exploratory drilling began a week or two ago and will continue for about two months.

The exploration will resume in the proposed second pit in the fall, according to Meade.

The ScoZinc mine is forecast to have average earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization during its first three years of operation of $26.2 million per year, according to a preliminary economic assessment released this week by Selwyn.

Selwyn stock was trading for 21 cents a share at Wednesday’s close, unchanged from the previous day.

( [email protected])

Now, take a look for youself: Google Maps - Gays River, N.S. You may have to look to the left. The mine is the grey site. Look up to the left to see proximity to river. (Don't know why the link didn't hit the exact area. Sorry)

Any time an industrial site (yet alone a mine) comes this close to a river or body of water there should be concern. They mention an "Environmental Review". We have seen how that works before.

With the small amount of buffer between the mine and river, how much rain would it take to cause run-off (or worse) to enter the river?

In case you are not familiar with Gays River, it is a wonderful little Trout stream with a decent population of Speckles. The River forms Lake Eggmont upstream. You can find Shad in the river as well. Downstream, the river's waters eventually flow into (of all things) the Shubinacadie River.

This mining operation should be of concern to all anglers.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#2 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Hey Gang,

Apparently, nobody cares about this topic? :( :huh:

No comment.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#3 Perry

Perry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

I guess members are overwelmed by the potencial avalanche of enviromental disasters created by our Gov.
As I post this a major lumber company is building a road across Methalls Bog. I phoned the DOE and yes they had granted a permit for this construction. On my own land I coudn't get permission to do this but the key word here is $$. I have hired a lawyer to look into another issue regarding this operation. It doesn't seem to stop or even slow down and I for one am tired of all the bad news and that may be why you got no response. Members care but how to stop the Gov. on it's assult on the environment frustrates all of us who care!

Just because you fish a lot doen't mean you are great or even good. It just means you fish a lot!!

#4 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

I guess members are overwelmed by the potencial avalanche of enviromental disasters created by our Gov.
As I post this a major lumber company is building a road across Methalls Bog. I phoned the DOE and yes they had granted a permit for this construction. On my own land I coudn't get permission to do this but the key word here is $$. I have hired a lawyer to look into another issue regarding this operation. It doesn't seem to stop or even slow down and I for one am tired of all the bad news and that may be why you got no response. Members care but how to stop the Gov. on it's assult on the environment frustrates all of us who care!

Hi Perry,

This is what frustrates me. You state, "Members care but how to stop the Gov. on it's assault on the environment frustrates all of us who care!".

This website has 1800 members who care about fishing. Our sport relies on the environment, and yes, the Government. If a matter such as the potential of run-off from a mine damaging the environment arises (causes concern), I would think (expect) that at the very least some members might take it upon themselves to (perhaps) make an effort and e-mail the N.S. Dept. of Environment and voice their concern.

If a third of the members made this effort, 600 e-mails may get some attention. Even a handful would be a start. But nobody even cares enough to make a f***ing comment. No wonder the Government gets away with so much crap.

There is the potential in this group to actually accomplish something. Sad that people have given up and accepted the status quo. I, for one, will not! I have sent my e-mail. I tried.

As for your Lumber Company issue, be aware that if they begin clear cutting, and your property isn't your PRIMARY RESIDENCE, they can(and will) cut on your property and pay you stumpage for trees over a certain diameter. No permission required - Government approved! A friend had this happen to him.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to send the DOE a nasty e-mail. Just PM me with the pertinent details.

Not given up - YET.

Terran

#5 Perry

Perry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

Terran, those that know me I have fought the good fight my entire life and letters and emails I have sent. I am a member of a National body that awards the top five Recreational Fishereries Awards in Canada to individuals and organzations each year. I have read a number of nominations from all across Canada for 18 years and I have to tell you you are not alone. Many individuals and NGO's have and continue to fight for our freshwater fish. Goggle the awards and see the good work being done. That said it is depressing that the list of problems grow faster than individuals and NGO's can address let alone solve. When the economy is tanking and the Gov. talks Job, jobs. jobs the environment takes a back seat and it doesn't matter what Party is in power! End of rant! lol

Just because you fish a lot doen't mean you are great or even good. It just means you fish a lot!!

#6 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Terran, those that know me I have fought the good fight my entire life and letters and emails I have sent. I am a member of a National body that awards the top five Recreational Fishereries Awards in Canada to individuals and organzations each year. I have read a number of nominations from all across Canada for 18 years and I have to tell you you are not alone. Many individuals and NGO's have and continue to fight for our freshwater fish. Goggle the awards and see the good work being done. That said it is depressing that the list of problems grow faster than individuals and NGO's can address let alone solve. When the economy is tanking and the Gov. talks Job, jobs. jobs the environment takes a back seat and it doesn't matter what Party is in power! End of rant! lol

Hi Perry,

In no way did I mean any disrespect. Nor was I insinuating that you, personally, were not doing enough. I just get tired of people pissing and moaning about how the Government is fudging up this and that, yet through their inaction, enable the process.

There are ways to make change, and at the very least it's our duty to try. I'm tired of people just giving up and giving in.

Thus ends my rant and sermon for this evening. (Head hurts, blood pressure...high.) :blink:

Terran

#7 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

Hi Perry,

In no way did I mean any disrespect. Nor was I insinuating that you, personally, were not doing enough. I just get tired of people pissing and moaning about how the Government is fudging up this and that, yet through their inaction, enable the process.

There are ways to make change, and at the very least it's our duty to try. I'm tired of people just giving up and giving in.

Thus ends my rant and sermon for this evening. (Head hurts, blood pressure...high.) :blink:

Terran

Perry good luck in your battle with gov't and lumber! IT comes as no surprise that a lumber op would be allowed to put a road over a bog, the old money vs environment. Everyone involved with fishing and the outdoors in general knows and respects the work you've done, for an older gentleman you're pretty active. :lol:
Terran, we feel your pain and frustration, many of us have been there via our involvement with various NGOs and issues close to the heart. The biggest problem has always been how to get concerned people organized enough to not only begin a request for action but also to continue the effort until a desired goal can be accomplished. Many people get so frustrated trying to deal with levels of gov't they just say to hell with it. We as a group from this site could, no doubt, begin some serious complaining thru emails and letters but I wonder if the site owners/moderators/bosses would want the site to become a political warrior. Many of the folks on here belong to various NGOs doing great work, ideally those groups all across the province wouild come together as a solid united entity to represent our concerns on environmental issues. With your fire and passion Terran you could be the one person to accomplish that! In the meantime we as indivduals need to complain thru emails and letters whenever we witness a crime against the environment, such as the road across Methals bog and bring these issues to the attention of Joe Public.

#8 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

Perry good luck in your battle with gov't and lumber! IT comes as no surprise that a lumber op would be allowed to put a road over a bog, the old money vs environment. Everyone involved with fishing and the outdoors in general knows and respects the work you've done, for an older gentleman you're pretty active. :lol:
Terran, we feel your pain and frustration, many of us have been there via our involvement with various NGOs and issues close to the heart. The biggest problem has always been how to get concerned people organized enough to not only begin a request for action but also to continue the effort until a desired goal can be accomplished. Many people get so frustrated trying to deal with levels of gov't they just say to hell with it. We as a group from this site could, no doubt, begin some serious complaining thru emails and letters but I wonder if the site owners/moderators/bosses would want the site to become a political warrior. Many of the folks on here belong to various NGOs doing great work, ideally those groups all across the province wouild come together as a solid united entity to represent our concerns on environmental issues. With your fire and passion Terran you could be the one person to accomplish that! In the meantime we as indivduals need to complain thru emails and letters whenever we witness a crime against the environment, such as the road across Methals bog and bring these issues to the attention of Joe Public.

Hey Basindawg,

Thanks for the post. I really don't want the site to change...just the members attitudes (a little). This site is a valuable resource for all anglers. It provides valuable and important information about our sport. It is especially useful for new angler. Not that us old "dawgs" can't learn a few new tricks. ;)

All I'm hoping for is that part of the value of this site might be the education, provacation and insightment of members into taking a more active role in the stewardship of the sport and the resources it relies upon.

There are enough members here to make a difference; if only they would lose the "You can't fight government...You can't make change" attitudes. It has been done. On this site.

You can't win all the battles, but if you don't fight..you don't win any.

Thanks again,

Terran

#9 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

Hey Basindawg,

Thanks for the post. I really don't want the site to change...just the members attitudes (a little). This site is a valuable resource for all anglers. It provides valuable and important information about our sport. It is especially useful for new angler. Not that us old "dawgs" can't learn a few new tricks. ;)

All I'm hoping for is that part of the value of this site might be the education, provacation and insightment of members into taking a more active role in the stewardship of the sport and the resources it relies upon.

There are enough members here to make a difference; if only they would lose the "You can't fight government...You can't make change" attitudes. It has been done. On this site.

You can't win all the battles, but if you don't fight..you don't win any.

Thanks again,

Terran

read you loud and clear sir! I put a link to environment act review in the Lahave River sewage post. Hopefully those concerned will take advantage and voice opinions. We certainly need change to give the DOE more teeth and a bigger bite.

#10 pmorris

pmorris

Levity Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBedford, NS

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hey Gang,

Apparently, nobody cares about this topic? Posted Image Posted Image

No comment.

Terran

Calm down; some of us were out fishing Posted Image

I'm not familiar with the river or the mining operation, so I have a couple of questions:
  • What environmental impact did this mine have on the river when the mine was last operating; and
  • Are the envirnomental assessments on the public record and, if so, are they easily-accessible or are some FOI gyrations required?
Paul

I started reading a book about anti-gravity and I just couldn't put it down.

#11 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

Calm down; some of us were out fishing Posted Image

I'm not familiar with the river or the mining operation, so I have a couple of questions:

• What environmental impact did this mine have on the river when the mine was last operating; and
  • Are the envirnomental assessments on the public record and, if so, are they easily-accessible or are some FOI gyrations required?
Paul

Hey Pmorris,

Yeah, I know. I've been unable to fish most of the season due to medical issues. Going crazy and I've been spending my time "Crusading".

This mine is an "Open Pit" mine extracting Zinc and Lead Ore. The mining company itself stresses one of the problems is controlling water (hydrology). The mines close proximity to the river itself and the unpredictable precipitation in the region play a role in concern for flooding of tailings ponds and run-off of contaminated surface water.

Here is a report on the Hydrological Environment at the Gays River Mine.

Here is the ScoZinc Operations - Southwest Expansion Environmental Assessment Document.

Also find here a link to ScoZinc Public Consultaion Information. If you scroll down to Reclamation you will find, "Once mining has been completed, the pits will be allowed to fill in with precipitation, surface run-off and ground water. The pit water elevations will be similar to that of Gays River."

It is interesting to follow this up by reading Office of the A.G. - Environmental impact of the Metal Mining Effluent Regulations on fish habitat.

There is also an Ore Processing facility on this site.

Here is the Wikipedia link to Zinc. There is some interesting info on mining and processing if you scroll down the page.

Residents of the area are also concerned about this mine reopening, for several reasons. To read their concerns, you can go to Gays River Valley EPA.

This rivers waters eventually flow into the Shubinacadie River. Any effluent entering this river could/will effect the lower Shubinacadie River. I am concerned that in a worse case scenario this mine will pose a serious environmental hazard to the Gays River system as well as the Shubinacadie River.

Terran

#12 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

Hey Pmorris,

Yeah, I know. I've been unable to fish most of the season due to medical issues. Going crazy and I've been spending my time "Crusading".

This mine is an "Open Pit" mine extracting Zinc and Lead Ore. The mining company itself stresses one of the problems is controlling water (hydrology). The mines close proximity to the river itself and the unpredictable precipitation in the region play a role in concern for flooding of tailings ponds and run-off of contaminated surface water.

Here is the ScoZinc Operations - Southwest Expansion Environmental Assessment Document.

Also find here a link to ScoZinc Public Consultaion Information. If you scroll down to Reclamation you will find, "Once mining has been completed, the pits will be allowed to fill in with precipitation, surface run-off and ground water. The pit water elevations will be similar to that of Gays River."

It is interesting to follow this up by reading Office of the A.G. - Environmental impact of the Metal Mining Effluent Regulations on fish habitat.

Here is the Wikipedia link to Zinc. There is some interesting info on mining and processing if you scroll down the page.

Residents of the area are also concerned about this mine reopening, for several reasons. To read their concerns, you can go to Gays River Valley EPA.

This rivers waters eventually flow into the Shubinacadie River. Any effluent entering this river could/will effect the lower Shubinacadie River. I am concerned that in a worse case scenario this mine will pose a serious environmental hazard to the Gays River system as well as the Shubinacadie River.

Terran

I forget the exact wording of course but DFO regs say that no person shall allow or cause to allow any discharge into any waterway frequented by fish that could be harmful to the fish. Guess I should go look that up, but yall get the idea. Again we have a situation where money, jobs, economy, talks so theres little doubt about the opening of the mine. Hopefully someone from the local area will maintain an honest monitoring of the water quality in that watershed.

#13 pmorris

pmorris

Levity Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBedford, NS

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

Thanks for the links. I haven't read them all yet, but I have one quick observation on a topic we've chatted about before: bonding. The first "ScoZinc" link confirms that bonding will be put in place for the ultimate site remediation, but makes no reference to bonding for the remediation of any environmental disasters that may occur along the way. In addition, the size of the bond isn't made public. I can't understand why not. If it's a big number, the public would be comforted. If it's a small number, the public would be outraged. This gets my conspiracy theorist senses tingling...

Unfortunately, I was underwhelmed by the ***'s River EPA website. It smacks of NIMBY posturing and doesn't draw out some of the issues that could be drawn from the other links you posted. If you have time for some "crusading", I'd encourage you to help them in this regard.

From their site, it seems like their biggest concern is noise and I can appreciate that. However, I doubt if it's the kind of thing that would stop 120 jobs from being created. Bearing in mind that this is a mining operation being re-started - rather than started from scratch - the issue that I think would get the most traction would be known adverse environmental impacts of the previous operations, rather than complaints about noise and speculation about potential future problems.

Before someone channels their inner Chuck and flames me for being corporatist, my comments are intended as constructive advice. I abhor open-pit mining as much as I abhor clear-cutting. But jobs are important, too. The trick is in attaining the economic-environmental equilibrium.

Paul

#14 pmorris

pmorris

Levity Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBedford, NS

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

Unfortunately, I was underwhelmed by the ***'s River EPA website. It smacks of NIMBY posturing and doesn't draw out some of the issues that could be drawn from the other links you posted. If you have time for some "crusading", I'd encourage you to help them in this regard.

I can't believe that the website software automatically deleted the word "***"...

#15 pmorris

pmorris

Levity Consultant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBedford, NS

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

I can't believe that the website software automatically deleted the word "***"...

Crap (can I say "crap"?); it did it again. They obviously need a new name for their organization. How about People Responsible for Instituting Democratic Environmentalism. Can I say "PRIDE"?

#16 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

Crap (can I say "crap"?); it did it again. They obviously need a new name for their organization. How about People Responsible for Instituting Democratic Environmentalism. Can I say "PRIDE"?

Hey Paul,

:lol: :lol: :lol: (LMAO)

You ran into that too? Guess in our overly Politically Correct, world of today, the name's of many places will have to be changed! Hence my mis-spelling of "Gays River". Apparently, anyone named *** is not supposed to OWN anything. I can think of a number of words with double meaning that probably wouldn't fly. Like a slang term for a cigarette?

Maybe that's why they're rewriting Classics like "Tom Sawyer"? The damn E-Readers are probably doing the same thing!

AAAAAAAAAH! I feel another "Crusade" coming on! :lol: :blink:

This world is screwed. (It let's me write, "screwed"!)

Terran

(After initial posting: Apparently, you can't even name your little girl, "G*y", without it being misunderstood.)

#17 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for the links. I haven't read them all yet, but I have one quick observation on a topic we've chatted about before: bonding. The first "ScoZinc" link confirms that bonding will be put in place for the ultimate site remediation, but makes no reference to bonding for the remediation of any environmental disasters that may occur along the way. In addition, the size of the bond isn't made public. I can't understand why not. If it's a big number, the public would be comforted. If it's a small number, the public would be outraged. This gets my conspiracy theorist senses tingling...

From their site, it seems like their biggest concern is noise and I can appreciate that. However, I doubt if it's the kind of thing that would stop 120 jobs from being created. Bearing in mind that this is a mining operation being re-started - rather than started from scratch - the issue that I think would get the most traction would be known adverse environmental impacts of the previous operations, rather than complaints about noise and speculation about potential future problems.

Before someone channels their inner Chuck and flames me for being corporatist, my comments are intended as constructive advice. I abhor open-pit mining as much as I abhor clear-cutting. But jobs are important, too. The trick is in attaining the economic-environmental equilibrium.

Paul

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the input. I too was underwhelmed by the Gays River EPA's website. Looks to me like it was prepared by a local. Might try helping them out a little. Although, I'm kinda spread thin right now.

Your statement, "The trick is in attaining the economic-environmental equilibrium.", is right on the money. I'm, by no means, against creating jobs. Nor am I blind to the economics involved. I simply have great concern for a waterway that the Government has allowed to have an open pit mine built so close.

Your comment regarding "adverse environmental impacts" is a tough one. In my research, I have found no clear cut examples of reports (yet)on environmental accidents. I also haven't found any fish research to indicate that "lead levels" have been checked in resident fish or that water quality is being monitored. This river's waters should be tested prior to the mine opening to establish a baseline. Fish upstream and downstream of the sit should be tested for levels of heavy metals. All on the company's dime. Price of doing business.

Although this is a restart, it is new ownership and a seemingly more robust approach to the operation. My concerns would be far less "alarmist" if I could be reassured that proper and consistant monitoring would be in place. However, with budget cuts and weaker than needed regulations (in my opinion); it may take an incident to get the attention required. Too little - too late.

I simply wish there was a little more buffer between the mining operation and the river. It's extremely close proximity and the nature of the site, in my mind, almost guarantee, that there has to be some leeching of water from the operation, to the river. If only through groundwater.

I fear it will take more than my "Crusading". Only hope is that others become as concerned. Not holding my breathe. Seems people only scream after the damage is done. :(

Thanks for your interest, Paul.

Terran

#18 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the input. I too was underwhelmed by the Gays River EPA's website. Looks to me like it was prepared by a local. Might try helping them out a little. Although, I'm kinda spread thin right now.

Your statement, "The trick is in attaining the economic-environmental equilibrium.", is right on the money. I'm, by no means, against creating jobs. Nor am I blind to the economics involved. I simply have great concern for a waterway that the Government has allowed to have an open pit mine built so close.

Your comment regarding "adverse environmental impacts" is a tough one. In my research, I have found no clear cut examples of reports (yet)on environmental accidents. I also haven't found any fish research to indicate that "lead levels" have been checked in resident fish or that water quality is being monitored. This river's waters should be tested prior to the mine opening to establish a baseline. Fish upstream and downstream of the sit should be tested for levels of heavy metals. All on the company's dime. Price of doing business.

Although this is a restart, it is new ownership and a seemingly more robust approach to the operation. My concerns would be far less "alarmist" if I could be reassured that proper and consistant monitoring would be in place. However, with budget cuts and weaker than needed regulations (in my opinion); it may take an incident to get the attention required. Too little - too late.

I simply wish there was a little more buffer between the mining operation and the river. It's extremely close proximity and the nature of the site, in my mind, almost guarantee, that there has to be some leeching of water from the operation, to the river. If only through groundwater.

I fear it will take more than my "Crusading". Only hope is that others become as concerned. Not holding my breathe. Seems people only scream after the damage is done. :(

Thanks for your interest, Paul.

Terran

Good info gentlemen, now may I suggest we get rid of the antiquated terms "buffer" and "buffer zone" and focus on riparian management ? Hmm? ;)

#19 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Good info gentlemen, now may I suggest we get rid of the antiquated terms "buffer" and "buffer zone" and focus on riparian management ? Hmm? ;)

BDawg,

Reptilean Manglement? :lol: :lol: What the F***? That's what I thought I was gettin at! ;) Now you go and threaten me with TURTLES!

Geez, you a hard guy to please! :D :lol: (And I gotta get some sleep - kinda punchy) Crusading's hard work.

Thanks Bro,

Terran B)

#20 basindawg

basindawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationCanning NS

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

BDawg,

Reptilean Manglement? :lol: :lol: What the F***? That's what I thought I was gettin at! ;) Now you go and threaten me with TURTLES!

Geez, you a hard guy to please! :D :lol: (And I gotta get some sleep - kinda punchy) Crusading's hard work.

Thanks Bro,

Terran B)

cripes I guess you do need sleep! :lol: It's Riparian, if your going to be a general you better learn your readin ! :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users