East River Pictou County Water Conditions? - Rivers & Streams - Nova Scotia Fishing

Photo

East River Pictou County Water Conditions?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 evanferguson8

evanferguson8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationStellarton

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

I want to take my new kayak out for its first long journey and thought that putting in by the Springville cemetery and taking out at New Glasgow and maybe do some fly fishing along the way.

I haven't fished that stretch of the river yet so have no idea of what its like. I know around Black Rock/Basin and down in the Stellarton/New Glasgow area really god but that's it.

So if anyone know of any spots to look out for, get out and walk around, low spots, or even a better place to go, I'd appreciate it! haha
~Today looks like a GREAT day for fishing.~

#2 mattd

mattd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:40 AM

I want to take my new kayak out for its first long journey and thought that putting in by the Springville cemetery and taking out at New Glasgow and maybe do some fly fishing along the way.

I haven't fished that stretch of the river yet so have no idea of what its like. I know around Black Rock/Basin and down in the Stellarton/New Glasgow area really god but that's it.

So if anyone know of any spots to look out for, get out and walk around, low spots, or even a better place to go, I'd appreciate it! haha

I personally would wait for the next big rain (day after) to ensure you are free sailing rather than carrying your yak over rocky spots.

#3 evanferguson8

evanferguson8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationStellarton

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

Thats what I was thinking too. I took it down for just a short little trip from Plymouth to New Glasgow and i scraped pretty good 2 or 3 times

#4 mattd

mattd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:35 AM

Thats what I was thinking too. I took it down for just a short little trip from Plymouth to New Glasgow and i scraped pretty good 2 or 3 times

I would say Mon or Tues next week if we get Hurrican Irene :)

#5 evanferguson8

evanferguson8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationStellarton

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

Yeah... the river looks bone dry right now so it would be more of a hike than a paddle lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users