#1 bambam

bambam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationDartmouth NS

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

i heard about a program for donating fishing rods for underprivileged one time a long while ago. is there still such a program or organization around ?
i've been doing some looking at my gear and i don't use most of my fishing rods and they are just being wasted. as hard as it is to part with them ,i'd like to donate them rather then go through the hassle of selling them.
that and i don't want them to just sit in another guys basement being wasted.
the idea came to me the other night while fishing in the passage and saw three kids taking turns with one fishing rod.(and yes i geared them up with a fishing rod of their own). i figure it's better to intrest new anglers to the sport.

#2 Perry

Perry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Good on you bambam!! I feel the same way and I have given a ton og gear to kids. DNR had a program maybe still does. The NSDF and Asscoiations have programs for kids ck with them. Or just find some kids fishing and do what you did gear them up> Good Karma!!

Just because you fish a lot doen't mean you are great or even good. It just means you fish a lot!!

#3 bambam

bambam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationDartmouth NS

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

that where i saw it. in the fishing handbook that came with the license. thank you for the reminder.

#4 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

Hey Bambam,

Good on you Bro! Absolutely fine idea. There are a lot of kids out there that could use a little encouragement and good adult influence.

I've always found that a little positive attention goes a long way with the young enthusiast. Everyone should take the time to help, advise, and if possible, help equip our younger counterparts. Sounds corny, but they ARE the future of our sport and a little investment in these kids goes a long way.

Great post, Bambam.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#5 bambam

bambam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationDartmouth NS

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

thank you and i couldn't agree more

#6 girlfisher

girlfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1687 posts
  • LocationSand Beach

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

great idea and good on you I have been thinking the same thing everytime I go in my fishing rm guess I now have to live up to your challenge ....thanks for the kick in the pants ;)

gf
please practice a sustainable harvest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users