3 replies to this topic

#1 Phisherman

Phisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

Hi, all. Anyone know the dates of this year's CASA tournaments? Also, how do I renew my CASA membership, other than mailing it in to this address:

CASA Canadian Association of Smallmouth Anglers
P.O. Box 2051, Fall River, Nova Scotia, B2T 1K6

Thanks, and good fishing to all!

#2 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

CASA's first tourny of the season is this Sunday at lake MicMac/Banook. You can pay your membership the morning of the tourny. Here is a list of this years events for CASA.

Mic Mac Lake – June 20, 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Ice Breaker Tournament)

Grand Lake – July 18 (From WADRA), 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Shortt’s Lake – August 22, 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Panuke Lake – September 12, 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Shortts Lake - Oct 17, 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (Annual Iron man Tournament)

#3 onthesqr

onthesqr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

I am a long time member of CASA and plan on remaining the same. I do have an issue however and I would like to get this sites input on it.

When looking at the schedule I see that we are again forced to launch from the WADRA area instead of using the Oakfield ramp (Which we were a major part in building) due to the whim of one person related to the park and the "Rules" that he has set.

My question is why are we putting up with this?

Have we and CASA been to passive? Is it not time we started to raise an issue instead of being passive? Let's involve the media and aggressively look for a solution. Our angling waters are very quickly leaving due to lack of access.

What about the other lakes? Second, McCabe's and Morris to name a few. If we do not address this soon we will have no access to our lakes unless we are one of the fortunate to have lakefront property.

My hope is that there will be enough comments on this string that will allow the media and those in charge be forced to notice it.

Fishing you the best,

Charles Thomas

#4 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCow Bay

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

I agree Charles,
Maybe you should move this post higher up on the board. You would probably get more exposure. Possibly "Gone Fishing" or "Lakes & Ponds". I noticed there was already some discussion about access to Sherbrooke & McCabes in the Smallmouth threads.

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users