10 replies to this topic

#1 Fizzle

Fizzle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

I seem to have lost my fishing handbook, and was wondering if someone could tell me what the sackville river regulations change to on June 1st.
Thanks in advance

#2 fishon

fishon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Locationin my la-z-boy, fully reclined

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

I seem to have lost my fishing handbook, and was wondering if someone could tell me what the sackville river regulations change to on June 1st.
Thanks in advance

pg. 26 of the regs

ARTIFICIAL FLY ONLY
Fishing is permitted with artificial flies
only in the sections of the following rivers
during the times listed. Other methods are
permitted during the remainder of the open
season. If in doubt as to the extent of these
restrictions, please contact the local Federal
fishery officer.
HALIFAX COUNTY
Sackville River, from a point 50 m below the
Shore Drive Bridge, near Bedford, upstream to
a point 200 m upstream from the Lucasville
Road Bridge, not including tributaries.
June 1 to the end of all fishing seasons.
Little Sackville River, from the confluence with
the Sackville River upstream to the outlet of Feely
Lake, not including tributaries. June 1 to the end
of all fishing seasons.

TERRAN posted links to many sites with the fishing regs and other sites here --->
http://novascotiafis...__0

#3 Fizzle

Fizzle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the link and quick reply. Does it mean I can use lures and such from June 1st to end of season? Or fly only? They always confuse me with the way they word stuff in that booklet

#4 fishon

fishon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Locationin my la-z-boy, fully reclined

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for the link and quick reply. Does it mean I can use lures and such from June 1st to end of season? Or fly only? They always confuse me with the way they word stuff in that booklet

artificial fly only from June 1st to the end of all fishing seasons.

#5 Fizzle

Fizzle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

artificial fly only from June 1st to the end of all fishing seasons.

Well that sucks... I was gonna try for some sea trout.

#6 marsh

marsh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationUpper Stewiacke

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

I dont know the river but anything thats not in between that, that is talk about you should be aloud lures. The stewiacke river is the same (sort of). Live bait is not aloud between bridges but a short hop to the other side and you are aloud.

#7 born 2 fish foreced 2 work

born 2 fish foreced 2 work

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationdartmouth ns

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

Thanks in advance

SACKVILLE RIVER FROM A POINT 50 METERS BELOW THE SHORE DRIVE BRIDGE NEAR BEDFORD UP STREAM TO A POINT 200 M UPSTREAM FROM LUCASVILLE ROAD BRIDGE NOT INCLUDING TRIBUTATARIES JUNE FIRST TO THE END OF ALL FISHING SEASONS...

LITTLE SACKVILLE RIVER FROM THE CONFLUENCE WITH THE SACKVILLE RIVER UPSTREAM TO THE OF FEELY LAKE NOT INCLUDING TRIBTARIES JUNE 1 TO THE END OF ALL FISHING SEASONS

HOPE THIS HELPS THAT WHAT THE BOOK HAS HAPPY FISHING
HAPPY FISHING

#8 Lee

Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPort Hawkesbury

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

Thanks in advance

Here's a link to the handbook:

http://gov.ns.ca/fis...11angregs.shtml
Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut.

#9 Spastic Caster

Spastic Caster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada's Ocean Playground

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

You can also go anywhere they sell licenses and tell them you lost your book and they will usually give you one right then and there. Canadian Tire and Wal Mart are particularly good for that.

James

Thinking of Buying or Selling Real Estate? I am an expert in negotiating real estate transactions for my clients. If you have any questions, call me any time at 902.449.2029 and I will get you on the right track.

#10 Weightlifter86

Weightlifter86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

I read somewhere that part of the reason for the fly fish only, was to "encourage lesser practiced styles" LOL, remember Fizzle they want your money so that "confusion" you have is shared by me and others to. I'd like to think all the rules are to protect salmon in the Sackville River, but its equally about regulating your lifestyle choices and lineing their pockets.

#11 Fizzle

Fizzle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:40 PM

I read somewhere that part of the reason for the fly fish only, was to "encourage lesser practiced styles" LOL, remember Fizzle they want your money so that "confusion" you have is shared by me and others to. I'd like to think all the rules are to protect salmon in the Sackville River, but its equally about regulating your lifestyle choices and lineing their pockets.

Yeah I don't understand why its fly only if sackville river is one of the last rivers in ns with a good salmon population. You'll hook a lot less salmon on spin gear.
But that's fine I don't have nor will buy a fly rod anytime soon. Most of my mid to late summer fishing is tidal anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users