#1 himdall2000

himdall2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEastern Passage

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

Hi, I went fishing today, I use some different spinner, I did use thunderbug green and red one with dress hook, Tried the aglia with dress hook and also a golden super duper. I was able to see the fish under water with my polarized sunglasses, I saw lots of them running after my spinners but none going for the bite, I tried different speed to reel my spinner back but nan nothing, worst I was seing like 3 or 4 at the time running after the spinner but absolutely no bite!
I start to think that the trout were laughing at me!
any tricks I should know?

#2 Billy

Billy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:57 PM

Try tipping the hook with a little bit of worm. Don't do it on super duper though, it messes with the action I find.. but other ones, try using a small piece of worm on it.

What type of fish were you seeing?
Posted Image

#3 Lee

Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPort Hawkesbury

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:14 AM

It might have had something to do with retrieval speed. I have seen this before. Even with a worm on, if the fish get a good look at your spinner they may realize something is not fishy about it. Try a faster retrieve to trigger some bites.
Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut.

#4 BigGuy

BigGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationTrenton, Pictou County, Nova Scotia

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

What I try when fish charge the lure then turn is when I see them start to charge i reel much faster, i think it invokes a predatory response and there more likely to take. Hope that helps
"There's more to fishing than catching fish"
Join me on Facebook or Youtube for lots of great pictures of my trips and catches, flies and fly tying.
Also plenty of tips, tricks and videos!! Join up and tell your friends.
Jesse Samson Outdoor Adventures - Facebook
Jesse Samson Outdoor Adventures - Youtube

#5 himdall2000

himdall2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEastern Passage

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

Thankyou guys for your reply I will try that tomorrow, sadly I had to buy a new fishing pole, my rapala magnum snapped after I tried to dislodge my lures, I bought a new one, lightning shock from berkley!, I will try your tip tomorrow and see how it goes, thanks again.

And Billy, the fish were trout, big bunch of them, some were coming pretty close too.

#6 marsh

marsh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationUpper Stewiacke

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Sometimes, it might not be what they want but your close. Sometimes a smaller or different color will be the key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users