8 replies to this topic

#1 SerroulJM

SerroulJM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

I drive past the Nine Mile River on my way to work. I'm new to fishing the area. I don't expect specifics, of course, but is it worth fishing? If I started, say near the 102, and worked from there, will I be wasting an evening?

#2 BrownTrout Stalker

BrownTrout Stalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

Fishing is never a waste of time..even if u dont hook up...theres small brook trout there,,n shad..not sure if the shad r still hitten as well as few weeks back tho..

#3 SerroulJM

SerroulJM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

Trout is my target, and size don't matter :) fishing isn't a waste, but it's nice to know there's at least an outside shot at getting something. If nothing else, it'll be an open spot of moving water to practice fly casting!
Thanks, Tony.

#4 lbbow

lbbow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

If you prefer not to park on the highway. You can take the elmsdale exit, go right at the stop heading past The Superstore, look for Garden Rd. on the right (couple Km's at most from the ramp). Nice strech of water.

#5 Fishin fool

Fishin fool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Locationin hot water (N.S.)

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

I fish Garden Rd. ever chance I get. Nice strech of river and usually I'm the only one there.
David M
Dartmouth, N.S.

#6 marquisfly

marquisfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Nice river for brookies,great hatches of caddis and mayfly.I have caught some good sized brookies up to 16" and find very little fishing pressure in the areas obove the 102 highway.

#7 WollyBugger

WollyBugger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

Do you need waders for this spot??

#8 lbbow

lbbow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

I usually just fish it with rubber boots, even if the water is high you can usually find a place to cast from. Was below the highway tonight, decent water level, still shad around.

#9 Chevy

Chevy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

I know this is a little late, but I fished right behind the Sobeys in the middle of April. We parked beside the Pierceys by the gate. I threw about 10 casts in getting nibbles on about 5 casts. Then I got a decent sized trout on, about 10-11 inches. Brought him into shore. My friends girlfriend got picture of it, If i can find out how to get the pic from Facebook to here, i will post it up. Fished for about 2 hours. Got one more small trout into shore and 2 more that got off. All in all a good day. Didnt get time to go back though, I know I'll be hitting that spot up again next season. Just wondering if anybody knows when the shad run is and if you can get shad in the spot. Thanks Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users