#1 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 07 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

Well I guess it was time to start the topic 2 months  to the day I should be casting off the point in Middleton :D All the darts have two coats with a 3 day 140f bake. :blink: another year with a prediction for a wet spring. Could be s flood year :ph34r: for us who know how to wade out and fish the vast Nixtua lake.I had a look at pictures from 2016 May all you could see was water all around and all of us taking turns with fish on. Good memories :D 

#2 SWNova

SWNova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:04 PM

When do the shad start running in the Annapolis? I heard last year that people were catching schoolie stripers mixed in with the shad. You seem very knowledgeable about the area, do you have any insight?

#3 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:27 PM

SW Nova ,around the first of May. One Small run in late April. Also putting the Colors on the darts tonight. Green Thing looks great with just one coat of moulted flo green. The pinks one coat , put that lot on the heat for the pm.

#4 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:30 PM

Well all the colors are on the darts. The Cherry bombs are all finished waiting on the clear coats. Been tying on the tails over the last couple of days. Been sharing some photos with a friend  Ted from Middleton. He said my darts the spects look like shad flies. I run them on my tandum rigs. Small sized darts work well  on the shad.

#5 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:24 AM

Well 7 weeks till Shad time, forecast today is forecast a normal spring, Temp wise normal, and above normal precipitation.Grrr lots of water :D managed to make it to Bass pros yesterday, A very quit store.The staff kept the distance and I was the first at cash that day.Needed Head cement.Still working on the darts tying tails. :)

#6 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:08 PM

All Darts now clear coated .A new one this year the Twisted Green Thing. Not only ugly but twisted now. :o  They are all baking at 120 degrees for a few days .On top of the wood furnace . :oFamily isolation :huh: will have to clean my reels now. :DNobody in schools , Nobody at work now, layed off :( Wish fishing season ie open water was open.

#7 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:23 PM

To All Shad Cam is up now, just checked it out. Last clear coat on the darts today,as the 6in of wet snow fell.So sad not bad being stuck home. :o :wacko: :o Just think5 weeks to Shad fishing

#8 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:31 PM

Well This is the first time in 28 years I will not be staying in Middleton for the Long Weekend :(. Will be driving down Thru Fri and Mon Tue. then Thru Fri of following Weekend. Will doing only weekdays :) Less crowds

#9 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:24 PM

Seen my first Shad on the Shad cam tonight and it's snowing here in NS. Let The Game Begin :D4 weeks to Shad time, standing 6 ft apart unless your family .I'm usually that far apart from the smokes anyway. Al that's left is new line on my rods and reels. Waiting for May1.2020

#10 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:04 PM

Well 18 sleeps till I can again  :D do some fishing and that puts us right into Shad season. I was lucky enough to fish in the last 3 days of March and caught fish.Picky

#11 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:37 PM

:DI would start a new post but here is the news, THE Smelts are running in Stanley :D Myself and two daughters walked the  river tonight, one spot had 2000fish in it.

#12 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:08 PM

12 sleeps till we all can wet a line in provincial waters. :D3 more till the shad run should be in. Smelts running at the normal time this year.

#13 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:16 PM

I hope your correct in that it’s only 12 sleeps. Won’t be surprised if the opening of the fishing season is delayed longer though.

#14 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:01 PM

Lets hope that too, the powers that be indicated it would only be postponed the first month. No other prov. has done this so why would NS. 60,000 p^%$ off anglers might be a bad thing come election time next year :blink: too. Ps was into the Walton Woods road at the Iron bridge.The back water was boiling  (trout) there is a hatch of small black nats even here at home.

#15 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:05 PM

10 Sleeps till the Shad should start.Went down last year on the first weekend of May caught only a few all day. PS I'm used to having a 35 plus am and the same pm.

#16 ScottishFlyman

ScottishFlyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 04:54 PM

@S. Jollymore.  I was so hoping you were going to be right that sport fishing would start on May 1st but that doesn't seem likely following the report on CBC news today from Dr. Strang.  I was getting excited to head to Middleton for the shad as that's one of my favorite trips for the year but it looks like I'll have to wait until next season for that.  This could be the first year in decades where I might not get the chance to get out fishing BUT I'll stay optimistic for some fall trout fishing.

#17 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:35 PM

If they do this lets not vote liberal in the next election. there is 60,000 fellow fishers out there. They want to shut down our lives and keep us for months in house arrest. "Time and Tide wait for no human" . Lost chances and memories can not be recovered, Fellow Canadians are allowed to fish in the rest of Canada . Dr Strang :wacko: No faith in him, home for 1,5 months and nothing has changed. Also I bet he doesn't fish or hunt either.  I usually go down for a 5 day trip every year for the last 28 years. plus every weekend for May and the first 2 in June.Not this year, week days only. Just checked the Shad Cam schools of Shad moving Thru. PS sent a memo to my MLA earlier in the week told him if we miss this month we lost out in most of the Sea trout, Brown trout and Shad fisheries and the above quote :(

#18 ScottishFlyman

ScottishFlyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:27 PM

@S. Jollymore. Yay!  Fishing season has started.  Perhaps the emails and letters all of us wrote to our councilors and MLAs has made the difference.  Need to head out right now to buy my licence.  Very happy  :D Have a great season S. Jollymore...tight lines!

#19 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 02 May 2020 - 11:35 AM

WILL BE HEADING DOWN TO MIDDLETON ON THRU. TO PARTAKE IN SOME SHAD FIS :DHING.PARK IS NOW OPEN SO I CAN bbq THERE AT LUNCH TIME :),iF ANYONE WANTS DARTS I WILL BE SELLING AT A DISTANCE :o 6FT.

#20 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:51 PM

manage to get out for a practice fish both evenings 15 pickerel and 1,10in trout tonight . 3 :Dsleeps till Shad time

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: All Things Shad Fishing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users