#1 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:57 PM

Notice last week, people out on Meadow and St Croix . Was heading out today but got called into work. will report on the ice thickness as son as I can, and if there biting.

#2 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:30 PM

Myself and a friend Tim went out to Meadow, I arrived at 2:30pm and Tim at 3pm . The ice is 5 to 6 inches thick , walked out to 2 predrilled holes and set the one with 27ft of water. seconds later the sonar lit up with a solid bar of fish between 12 to 16 ft . Cold hand fishing, non stop bite if you could hit the depth mark, He arrived at 3:00pm Both of us landed 25 each and kept or 2 fish limit just as many of hook and lost at the hole left at 4:30pm Shrimp was the poison.It was so crazy I would measure out the depth of my line and when it settled , within 2sec I would get a bite and this was over and over. :D Frist time out in a above freezing pm.

#3 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:39 AM

Set up this topic hoping others would post :mellow: Just myself so far, Their is 5 to 8in of ice still on Meadow checked yesterday. Fished for 2hrs . Landed 1 and had 5 more on to the top of the hole. They were spread out at different depths 8ft ,11ft ,13ft ,16ft ,25ft   they were not schooled up. Rain came in and I bailed . The only person out there.

#4 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 01 February 2020 - 05:55 PM

Made it out again this am. second person on the ice, A fellow HWWA member was there and I invited him to move out with me after the fish finder was going nuts. We both dropped our lines to 14ft and got bites. That was it for that spot just little taps after.Fished for another hour as our group got bigger the two of us started prospecting for fish. Found a few in the deepest part of the lake. Two of my group went there to fish, One of my coworkers showed up with a friend and landed two small ones. I moved over with them and drilled a hole dropped my line ,fish on, played it to the ice and was gone.Shortly after there was a group whom was fishing and having a good time closer to shore. At one point I looked over and watch one of there group pull up a fish and the person and fish looked like they were fighting. him on the ice and the fish flying. There words" It gave us the fin and jumped back down the hole" :D Very Very slow fishing this am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users