raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:14 PM

Hello,
This post might cause a stir but I think it is worth while if it improves the site's usefulness. There was a similar site to this one that helped fishermen get the answers they needed. Unfortunately, the chap who ran it closed it down for some reason. That site was extremely useful in regards to sharing information between fishermen. Information like water levels, how rivers were fishing, news about river closures to name but a few. It also had information on fly patterns, fly recipes, rods, leaders etc.
Most fishermen know enough not to ask for other fishermen's sweet spots. However, there is no reason not to share general knowledge about a lake, a stream or a river. I have asked about water levels of a river without any replies. After taking a chance the river might be fishable when I came back I posted what I had experienced. This information may have saved a fisherman from making a washed trip and saved him some time and money. What harm was there in sharing this information that could help another fisherman?
If you wish to be of more specific help then email the person. We could improve the communication between fishermen, helping each other and generally making this site more useful to those of us who use it. Please give some thought to what I have suggested and improve this site for us. Thank you.

All the best

Tim

The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down....but how many times he gets back up

https://www.flickr.c...s/[email protected]/

#2 Huckleberry

Huckleberry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:12 PM

I fully agree. Earlier this year when fishing for stripers I ran into fisherman who used to frequent this site a lot. He told me that much of the digital attention and activity has shifted to Facebook where people seem to tell their stories, show their pics and so on. As I don't use Facebook I don't have access to this information. So unless anglers return to this forum and make the effort of contributing it'll remain quiet.

Tom.

#3 raven4ns

raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:04 PM

Hi Tom,
I don't use Facebook either, in fact I never think about fishermen using it. Unless we use this site it will likely go the way the other site went. It's up to fishermen to decide if they want their own site or not, I hope they want a site dedicated to fishing.

All the best

Tim

The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down....but how many times he gets back up

https://www.flickr.c...s/[email protected]/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users