raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:08 PM

Hello,
This post might cause a stir but I think it is worth while if it improves the site's usefulness. There was a similar site to this one that helped fishermen get the answers they needed. Unfortunately, the chap who ran it closed it down for some reason. That site was extremely useful in regards to sharing information between fishermen. Information like water levels, how rivers were fishing, news about river closures to name but a few. It also had information on fly patterns, fly recipes, rods, leaders etc.
Most fishermen know enough not to ask for other fishermen's sweet spots. However, there is no reason not to share general knowledge about a lake, a stream or a river. I have asked about water levels of a river without any replies. After taking a chance the river might be fishable when I came back I posted what I had experienced. This information may have saved a fisherman from making a washed trip and saved him some time and money. What harm was there in sharing this information that could help another fisherman?
If you wish to be of more specific help then email the person. We could improve the communication between fishermen, helping each other and generally making this site more useful to those of us who use it. Please give some thought to what I have suggested and improve this site for us. Thank you.

All the best

Tim

The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down....but how many times he gets back up

https://www.flickr.c...s/[email protected]/

#2 sable

sable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:01 AM

It would be nice if the site were just more active. I visit the site maybe once every 2 months because there is so little going on and there are usually only a few posts in that time period. I have resigned myself to the fact that this kind of forum is really a relic from the first decade of the 2000s and people now exchange this kind of information via the big social media platforms. I do not facebook or twitter so I am out of the loop but I guess that is how it is going to be. Kind of like nobody laments the loss of usenet from the 80s and early 90s but it was the only thing going before www.

#3 gregger

gregger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:48 AM

Search "Nova Scotia Fishing" on Facebook. Closest thing to what this site used to be. Man this place was great back in the early 2000s. I miss it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users