#1 Nemo

Nemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:19 AM

Another winter of exciting winter fishing is here - time for the die-hards to get your rods & thermos ready!

#2 Nemo

Nemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:22 AM

Relative to the past few years, it looks like an early freeze-up - Has anyone been out to Meadow pond yet?

Tks

#3 Stevo

Stevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

Was out on Lewis Lake today, ice was about 5-6 inches thick.  Had a few bites early on then it went dead. 

#4 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Fished Meadow Pond yesterday 6in of hard ice.

#5 lsimms

lsimms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTruro area

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:18 PM

Hi folks. I have to run to windsor friday am so thought I'd put my ice fishing gear in the truck and give meadow pond a try. I've been that area quite abit but have never fished it, mostly because I didn't want to park on the highway side. I know there is a trail to it somewhere but not sure where. Is it by the billboards where people park or alittle further down? If someone would be able to point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated? Even a pm would work :) Thanks in advance 

#6 lsimms

lsimms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTruro area

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

Also I was out to Dearmens Lake acouple weekends ago and there was a good 8" of ice. We never caught anything though but had a couple marks on the flasher.  

#7 Ailken

Ailken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationProspect Bay

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:51 PM

I know some ppl park by the billboards on the #14 hwy and walk up about 200 yards or so (away from the highway).

At the end of the guard rail there is a private property sign and some metal posts and a trail. Sign says "enter at your own risk" so I don't think they are saying that you can't use the trail, just warning you of impending DOOM or something.

They used to get the parking lot opened for the derby but I think someone said that the mine doesn't want ppl in there because of liability of something so that spot seems to be off limits.

Too bad that it's one of the few winter fishery lakes and is not access is not clear.

I assume that this got to you too late, but did you figure it out? Catch any?

I've been there a bunch of times and never caught a fish, although I know lots of ppl that catch all kinds, at least that's what they tell me anyway!

#8 lsimms

lsimms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTruro area

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for the info :) I will be going Friday, have a little job to do in Windsor that won't take long so may as well do a little fishing while I'm there :) 

#9 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:26 PM

Was back out for a pm fish today with a friend, Ice was 7 to 8in fish were at 8 to 10ft with some on the sonar down to 14ft. A another guy fished with us and with my helped limited out in .45 of an hour. My partner in crime landed his first around the same time. I had a lot a swings and misses.After it was just two of us and Tim scored another I was still swinging and missing.Trimmed my bait down and the next hit resulted in my first 5 min later scored a  clearly the biggest of the day. After that we packed up and headed home.We fished at 10 to 14 ft  deep and close to shore. 

#10 Stevo

Stevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:03 PM

A foot of ice on Lewis Lake yesterday, I got two rainbows to powerbait, best was 12 inches.  Lots of people fishing there lately. 

Steve

#11 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1062 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:12 PM

Was on Meadow Tue Pm with two others that choose to brave the cold, 6in of ice and two of us had fish on. Had my hock up in 10ft of water 6 ft down.Very few on the Sonar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users