• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ebriere84

ebriere84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

I might be heading to Panuke Lake in the near future to do some Smallie fishing. Google maps satelite image shows the lake to be quite dark. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the clarity of Panuke Lake so I know what colour lures to bring.

Thanks for any assistance.

#2 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

Was on Panuke yesterday, Went up ie south the lake as far as whay I call blind lake left side of powerline.The water is high. 59 to 64degrees F Down the lake is stumps.Up the lake a hidden sand and rock reef now under 7ft of water. Hit some of my old tournament spots. Three of us 110 bass the biggest one 2lbs plus two 16 in trout and one12in. Did hit something in the deep water going up at 50 mile per hour. Think it was small piece of wood. Two rivets now lose and a slow leak to be fixed up front. A new fisher never been in a fast boat,Never been bass fishing,, taught him how to use live and plastic baits . Had great an afternoon with me.

#3 ebriere84

ebriere84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind, I wont be travelling as fast since I will be in a Kayak. But it does sound like you guys had a great day of fishing. Hopefully is goes that well for me.

Cheers

#4 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

Was on Panuke yesterday early am with a 12y old Mat , Took a run up to blind fished a few spots nothing bigger than 12iner,then 60hp wouldn't start, Fished for 2 miles on trolling motor heading back down when two fellow bass fishers in a nice bass boat 225 hp gave us a tow  down the lake towards the launch.1 mile out after many tries my motor finally dried out and it started.Was able to head to the launch myself.,   checked my plugs, I think I found the problem. Fixed!!! First time ever, a no start since 1995 .

#5 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:52 PM

Finally got back to Smallie fishing, today. Arrived at 6:15am Panuke lake, water very high. Hit my spots ,lot of 1.5lbs and smaller.Alot of my spots were fished out by weekend crowd, Did catch a fat 14in trout and kept it. Pan fried trout with bacon and eggs :D. When I was approaching the boat ramps about 20 kayaks were out in front, I slowed down and asked if they wanted some waves there was a lot of thumps up. they got them. Its was the Windsor rec group I had worked with last year. Stopped and had a chat then slowly went to the boat ram.A few came in and again I got a big thank you. Fun am on the lake.

#6 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:13 PM

Again I was on A high Panuke Lake for a pm fish , Except for one spot way up it fish very poor no fish bigger then 1.5lb.Seems not much mid lake, fish to death,  my take.Will head way the next time or down in the stumps  .Water was around70 degrees F. a lot of garbage in the water at the launch . damage prop pulling out and people swimming pulled out a large piece of metal just off of the dock. Was able to fix. Anyone else on the site fishing the lake?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SMB, Panuke Lake, Water clarity, Lures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users