• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stemorholake

stemorholake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

Ok, I'm brand new to NS, and from what I am reading on here chains are not well liked and rightly so. I come from Ontario and used to drive for hours to fish pike....I find them delicious, they are actually my favorite eating fish. I live in Kempt Shore and if anyone wants to share the best spots to catch said chains, I would be more than happy to catch and eat as many as I legally can and seeing as everyone hates them then there should be no issue with sharing good spots😊

Thanks Steve

#2 bassman007

bassman007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

Try lake Ellenwood in Yarmouth.

#3 Anton

Anton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

They are heading east, but you will find more down along the western end of the province around Yarmouth area. I did catch one monster in Ellenwood Lake, but not nearly as many as I thought I would find there, but maybe it was an off day. The closest to you I've caught one so far was in White Rock Pond up near the end of the Gaspereau River. Quite a big well fed one.

#4 Nemo

Nemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

Hi Steve,

You may have found this spot already, but if not you should check out Cogmagun Pond/Lily Lake - Center Burlington. Lots of pickerel in there and close to the Noel Shore.

Best of luck

#5 Nemo

Nemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

Hi Steve,

You may have found this spot already, but if not you should check out Cogmagun Pond/Lily Lake - Center Burlington. Lots of pickerel in there and close to the Noel Shore.

Best of luck

#6 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:22 PM

I was on the lake early Fri am to 10 am . About 30 of what I call Hammer Handles using a 4 in baby bass flute. Half way around I threw out on the deep side I cast out a 2/34 in Chart Rapala, A 28in pot belly pickerel jumped 4 ft into the air and slammed the Rap. I set the hock and grab the net. The beast spun around the boat as I fought it. netted it measured and weighed it , live release. Didn't bring the camera. Dang. 28 in/ 7 .5lbs. on a Rapala scale. 

#7 em.fisher

em.fisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

Any suggestions for chains on the South Shore?

#8 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:28 PM

The farthest I go was Aylsford lake for chains. I did hit the Beaver pond yesterday in the pm . Went to back the boat in after prep took of the chain, strap still on back out and hit the brakes. Looked back and there goes the boat , hook failure. Well took of boots waded out and not very deep. grabbed the boat and waded in.It was very warm and windy, the water by the shore  was very warm and cooled of 20ft from shore.Thats were the bite was till I got to the shady shore by 7:45. Then it was shore line top water. Only 25 fish all afternoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users