Striped Bass Presentation - Novascotiafishing.com Site News and Issues - Nova Scotia Fishing

Photo

Striped Bass Presentation

Striped Bass

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 greyfox

greyfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

The Halifax Wildlife Association is having a members' night on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 700pm in the auditorium of the NS Museum of Natural History, 1747 Summer Street in Halifax.  There will be a special presentation by Dr. Trevor Avery on the topic of Striped Bass in the Minas Basin and the Miramichi River, migrations to Labrador, interactions with Atlantic Salmon, stress on angled bass and tagging studies. Members of the general public are invited to attend.

#2 Nick

Nick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

Will free parking be available?

#3 greyfox

greyfox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

There is no free parking at the museum but there should be plenty of free parking along Summer Street by the cemetery and also along by the Public Gardens.  There are meters there but there is no charge after 6pm in the evenings.

#4 UltimateFlyFisher

UltimateFlyFisher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:08 AM

I went to this and the presentation was really interesting. There was a lot of information about striped bass and he really touched on the latest information that was available.

If there are other presentations in the future I know that I will go and I would recommend them to anyone interested.

Thanks to the organizers for putting this on.

#5 Sophia Grace

Sophia Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:47 AM

OMG... that's really amazing, Dr. Trevor Avery will be there :) Thanks @greyfox for sharing this great info with this thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Striped Bass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users