• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chevy

Chevy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hi all, Seen people fishing in the river/lake across from the Hefler Forest Products yard on Lucasville road, my friend took me up to the lake off of the 101 service road, but I was wondering about the river, im new to fly fishing and I live close by so I was wondering if it was worth giving a try or if anyone was catching anything. In the lake I know there is bass, but who likes bass anyway(thats my opinion, not here to start a war.)Thanks in advance, Chevy aka Kevin

#2 BrownTrout Stalker

BrownTrout Stalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

River gets stocked there yearly with small trout..its ok first few days..after that it slows down cuz most end up in sobeys bags...

#3 Radiation74

Radiation74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

River gets stocked there yearly with small trout..its ok first few days..after that it slows down cuz most end up in sobeys bags...

I fished there a few times last year, I had one fair sized trout on, lost it. That was my one and only bite, not counting the horseflies. I fly fished where the river goes into the lake. Nice spot, quiet, but the horseflies. I swore id never evergoback there. I'd love to get a boatin that lake though.

#4 JSG949

JSG949

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

I've caught my largest trout ever in that river(about 2.5lbs. And there was a full mouse in his stomach when I cleaned it!), but I've also been skunked on the river. It's probably worth a try though. I recommend you don't keep every trout you catch because the river is under alot of pressure from fishing.

#5 Chevy

Chevy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

I've caught my largest trout ever in that river(about 2.5lbs. And there was a full mouse in his stomach when I cleaned it!), but I've also been skunked on the river. It's probably worth a try though. I recommend you don't keep every trout you catch because the river is under alot of pressure from fishing.

Cool I may give it a try some day after school if it ever stops raining. or maybe throw on a poncho and the chest waders and go for an afternoon

#6 Luciano

Luciano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

is there a place to get a kayak in webber lake or mccabe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users