#1 Fishin fool

Fishin fool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Locationin hot water (N.S.)

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

So, here we are again. The last weekend of the season is fast approaching and I find myself looking for the best spot to go chuck a bug for a time to remember until next year.

All the usual places come to mind. Margaree Forks, Pictou area, St. Mary's, Mooseland, Lahave, etc...

The issue is the same as most years. I have been so busy with work, family and summer activities that I have not had the chance to get out there enough to see what the river conditions are like.

This is the part that I ask for your help.

My father, soon to be 80 but in amazing shape, and I will be heading out on Oct. 27th & 28th with our waders and fly rods in hopes of finding some action. I also wouldn't be opposed to going out in the canoe with the same hopes. Dad first took me fishing when I was 4 in the lakes of eastern Nova Scotia and I have continued for the past 45+ years all through North America and the Caribbean. My basement actually resembles a Cabela's store.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

David M
Dartmouth, N.S.

#2 op-dog

op-dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Locationwhere i'm too

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

So, here we are again. The last weekend of the season is fast approaching and I find myself looking for the best spot to go chuck a bug for a time to remember until next year.

All the usual places come to mind. Margaree Forks, Pictou area, St. Mary's, Mooseland, Lahave, etc...

The issue is the same as most years. I have been so busy with work, family and summer activities that I have not had the chance to get out there enough to see what the river conditions are like.

This is the part that I ask for your help.

My father, soon to be 80 but in amazing shape, and I will be heading out on Oct. 27th & 28th with our waders and fly rods in hopes of finding some action. I also wouldn't be opposed to going out in the canoe with the same hopes. Dad first took me fishing when I was 4 in the lakes of eastern Nova Scotia and I have continued for the past 45+ years all through North America and the Caribbean. My basement actually resembles a Cabela's store.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

So how did you make out on the weekend?

#3 Fishin fool

Fishin fool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Locationin hot water (N.S.)

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

Unfortunately I did not make it out. All reports came up dry. Well there's always next year...

David M
Dartmouth, N.S.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fly fishing, trout, rivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users