Fishin fool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Locationin hot water (N.S.)

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:14 AM

Hello All,

I just received a great gift for my 50th birthday of a fishing trip anywhere in the world of my choosing from my father who will be joining me.

My problem now is to decide where to go. I thought this would be a good place to get some ideas.

My preference would be to go fly fishing for trout in a river or inshore wade fishing down south but I am open to anything that does not involve bait or big game fishing. Strictly artificial lite/ultra lite.

I really don't want to plan a trip halfway around the world that will turn in to a planning nightmare. I would rather spend the time and effort fishing.

Please help me out in making this difficult decision as I'm sure this opportunity will not come around again.

Thanks, David Mio (fishin fool)

David M
Dartmouth, N.S.

#2 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 910 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Awesome gift!! Fly fishing for bone fish in the Caribbean would be a trip of a lifetime.

#3 trutta

trutta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

For me it would be a fly in trip for Atlantic Salmon in Labrador (Eagle River would be good) with a side trip to the Minipi region for trophy Eastern Brook Trout. All the best with your decision.

#4 Huckleberry

Huckleberry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:16 AM

I'd be inclined to do the same as trutta. 

If you're familiar with John Gierachs' writing he's spoken very highly fishing for brookies (large ones!) in Labrador.

Or if your heart is set on wading a river and fly fishing for trout you could check out the Crowsnest in Alberta or some of the famous trout streams in Montana.

Choices, choices :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fly Fishing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users