• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 benny

benny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

I want to try the St Croix river off the 101. Just wondering what was in it? And if it's worth trying?

Thanks again!

#2 jsawler

jsawler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Locationforrest home

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:46 AM

i've never fished it!i will add that it's the river that comes from panuke lake. so i'm pressumimg that it has small mouth in it.i would also gather that there would be stripers in it's tidal parts!you'd have to try it to find out i guess.hopefully somebody will chine in here and tell you more!

#3 Red Snapper

Red Snapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationWindsor NS

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

I've fished it quite a few times without success. But people do catch bass runoff fom panuke there. A lot of people try it, but I don't think its teeming or anything.

Further down where it mixes with the saltwater I've had friends pull up some large saltwater species. A friend who has property at that end has even seen a sturgeon, so he tells me. The Meander and the Herbert have trout, but they both empty into the St.Croix past the tidal point, so that doesn't mean that the St.Coix will have trout.

Do NOT put a canoe into the runs between panuke lake and the salmon hole damn unless you are skilled. When the afternoon wind picks up, it can lift a canoe right out of the water. I know this from experience. The whole run can be calm and then become a windtunnel in seconds. A very dangerous place to go boating.

#4 Bassman

Bassman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

I've fished the Salmon Hole Dam portion, right up by the dam. One year we got a few trout, the next year we got bass. I wouldn;t say the fishing was stellar but there is fish up that way, or there was 7 or 8 years ago.

#5 Shimanoman

Shimanoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationWaverley, Nova Scotia

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

In the lower portion, I've caught grilse. I've never fished the portion between the Panuke Lake dam and the Salmon Hole dam, however. Regards....
Life is too short, to take too much, too seriously, for too long ....Vernon P.Fraser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users