• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bill902

Bill902

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

I'm originally from CB and I'm use to creek and brook lure fishing up there for browns, maybe rainbows and specks if available (barbless, catch and release of course).  But I am not really familiar with the creeks and brooks on the mainland.  I'm not talking stocked HRM ponds or larger rivers like the Stewiacke.  I'm talking forest crashers.  Anybody have any good suggestions.  Not really after lunkers, just the action.  I'm assuming there's an ideal season around September or so (that wouldn't stop me anyway).  Thanks for any help.  Good fishing, kids.

#2 NS_Sens

NS_Sens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

Pretty much the same here on the mainland.  Google earth is your friend for stuff like that, just find a piece of water and go bushwhacking.  September is usually good, for me anyways, almost no one out fishing for trout at that point.  It's cooling off so it gets comfortable again.  You just can't use bait (worms which I like to use) and have to catch and release, which you do so no issues there.  I've always found the month of May the best, once the black flies are at their worst is when it's on like donkey kong.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. -- George W. Sears

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trout, catch and release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users