Perch Fishing In Cumberland Or Colchester? - Perch - Nova Scotia Fishing

Photo

Perch Fishing In Cumberland Or Colchester?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mopartech9

Mopartech9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

Hey all. I'm very new to fishing here and my kids are really wanting to go out fishing. I would really like to get them out fishing perch, smallmouth or pickeral but has to be from shore any suggestions?

#2 Anton

Anton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

We caught / released dozens of small White Perch at Blair Lake beside Amherst. If you're staying at the campground, they have a small rickety wharf you can fish from, or just up around the corner from the campground there is a small sandy lane to the lake, not the best spot to try fishing from, but it works. Seems to depend a lot on which way the wind blows where the fish are. They follow the wind. The lake is very shallow near the shore with snags of old tree branches that we kept pulling in, but the number of fish kept us there. We were using various small spinners and reeling in quite quickly.

#3 Sophia Grace

Sophia Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:33 AM

Well this is really a good thing that you are going for fishing with your kids but one thing which I would like to recommend, Start your fishing at Fish Local & be save fishing because kids are too naughty and safely is must during fishing.

#4 Mikkmann

Mikkmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

Good day all;

A newbie here. As a followup to this topic, is there a way or trail to get into the Smith Lakes just outside of Amherst, as they are supposed to have a decent population of white perch in them. I haven't had much opportunity to get out the last few years, but have always liked targeting the white perch - they can be a lot of fun on a lightweight outfit. Layton's Lake is another spot that is full of small perch, but I'm curious if anyone has any experience in the Smith Lakes. Thanks for any advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users