2 replies to this topic

#1 Dawson

Dawson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:26 PM

Hello fellow fishermen/women I am inquiring today about lakes in the Timberlea area, as you can see on the image (if the image doesnt work, try this link: https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.6827882,-63.773876,1966m/data=!3m1!1e3) , those lakes are Fraser Lake and Maple Lake. Now, I have friends who live on Fraser lake, and I am there quite often, with nothing but smallies one after the other, not that big, the fishing isn't as thrilling as a new place to fish or a different species. I am wondering if you can get to maple lake via the small stream looking thing at the tip of Fraser, or the end of Elder drive. The river/stream leading into Fraser looks a little small for a

boat, but I do have a kayak and am wondering if that would work, or would it be easier to hike up? Elder lane; it looks as if there is a trail branching off of the end of Elder lane (See Google Earth) and I am wondering if this leads all the way to Maple. Lastly, has anyone fished Maple Lake? What species of fish are there to be caught? Fraser lake had very good trout fishing until about 8-9 years ago when they were abolished by the bass, is Maple lake the same? Thank you all for taking time to read this and reply, I am just looking for some new fishing spots and species near Halifax for this summer. Also, if you know any good places for trout near Halifax area, please leave a reply! 

Happy Fishing!

#2 rouge

rouge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

Any luck at Albro? 

#3 kc1751

kc1751

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:41 AM

used to be some big trout caught in stillwater and above maple in the runs good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users