2 replies to this topic

#1 Scotia1088

Scotia1088

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and to the halifax area fishing scene. Actually I haven't done much fishing since I was a teen with my dad maybe 10 years ago lol.

I want to get back into it with my wife as well as solo and figure I will start with my old friend rainbow trout. The trouble is I have know idea where to go. All my fishing spots are home in CB.

I would prefer off the beaten path for myself (I'm sure my wife would appreciate easier access though lol) but I will give anywhere a shot.

Lake, river, brook, it doesn't matter to me, though I like rivers the most. Just need a point in the right direction.

Oh, I don't know if it makes a difference but I am a catch and release, non-barbed, lure, no bait kind of a guy.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

#2 Lobsterfisher1

Lobsterfisher1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:42 PM

Heya,welcome:)rainbows are stocked fish in most lakes/ponds here so personally i dont persue them.But if ur interested meadow pond and st croix pond near windsor hold rainbows....as well as sunken lake just outside wolfville.Not the best time to fish them rite now,however hope this info helps ya:)

#3 VanW27

VanW27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:30 PM

As stated above there are no real Rainbow fisheries around Halifax, and as far as I know no rivers in the area to fish for Rainbow Trout. In general the trout fishing isn't great around Halifax, Bass and Pickerel have taken over the area for the most part. I will throw out a few rivers that are within the general area that still have good trout populations:

• Musquodoboit River: Brook Trout
  • Stewiake: Holds brookies and Browns
  • Cornwallis: Brookies and Browns (well known for big Browns although I've only fished it once)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halifax, Trout, Hrm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users