3 replies to this topic

#1 WannaBass

WannaBass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:46 PM

Hello,

Yesterday I was up at Oakfield Park in Fall River enjoying the weather when I realized I had my fishing gear in the car. So I went and grabbed my rod and my mepps spinner lure, waded in the water, and cast out. I caught some small bass, maybe 7 inches or so. I didn't keep them, I was just looking to see if I could catch anything.

Now, my question is 1) They were silvery grey, but didn't have a defined line like I've seen in Striped Bass online. Were they just born striped bass and didn't have the lines developed yet? Or could they have been smallmouth?

2)Are you allowed to use a spinner? I know it's a special bass management area, but the book is confusing my small brain. Should it have been a single hooked lure?

Any inforation would be great. I don't want to do something wrong and repeat my mistakes and hurt a population of fish. Thanks!

#2 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

Sounds like you were catching white Perch. In Grand lake you can even use live bait for bass and every other legal means to catch them. won many tournaments with top water ,spinner or flutes on Grand in the past.

#3 Glenwbarnes

Glenwbarnes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:58 AM

I caught one chain pickral at the park shore fishing i was targeting small mouth tho anyone know good spots? I think i have to hit it early in the morning before the people get there

#4 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

Was on Grand last afternoon, a lot of 1/4lbrs went up to north end got into some 3 1.5to 2lb white perch and 6 1.5lb bass plus some 3/4 and 1/2 it was nonstop till a loon showed up 10ft from boat. Went back to Wadra area got into a few small pikys , smalles and played a nice 2.5lb smalle :D First time on the lake in 3 years. Water down,  no flow fro Kinsac lake and Subie was real slow. North end tainted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users